Lucky Numbers

Discussion in 'Mavericks/Comets in the Movies and Other Media' started by droptop8450, Apr 7, 2002.

1. droptop8450

droptop8450 New Member

Vehicle:
    70 maverick 289 4sp
    Lucky Numbers with John Travolta. The maverick was used by a hit man. It was used in a lot of seens. It ran bad and backfired. The filmed in my area of Harrisburg Pa. They threw a body off the same bridge that we use to drag race on leaving the "Harrisburg Cuircut".

2. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
    I had the pleasure of flying into Harrisburg a few years ago doing some consulting work for a place between Heshey and Lebannon, PA (Quaker country).

During my first trip, I noticed on our decent that there was an island, about 3 miles long ;) with 2 nuclear reactors working and one abandoned. In surprise, I looked over at the guy (of which I hadn't said a word to all during the flight) and asked "Is that.....".

Before I could get the all the words out he said, "Yes, the infamous "Three Mile Isle".

'Guess he was a local and had already answered the question many times before (hmm....explains the greenish glow and third eye he had).

Is the third reactor open and/or running yet?

Just curious,

Rick

3. droptop8450

droptop8450 New Member

Vehicle:
    70 maverick 289 4sp
    I live with in a 10 mile radius of TMI. Idon't think they ever restarted it. I lived here when druring the mrlt down. Everone was going nuts. they let us out of school. Luckily i don't glow.

4. droptop8450

droptop8450 New Member

Vehicle:
    70 maverick 289 4sp
    How hard was it to put the EFI in your maverick. I put an EFI into a Ranger and a 84 mustang.

5. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
    I think I'm going to change my sig to "planning on" EVI as I haven't started THAT part of the project yet.

Right now, I'm still taking my time refurbing the undercarriage. 'Rather have it right than quick (that's my excuse anyway). ;)

There are a few other guys on here who are running EFI Mavs. I can't see why it would be 'too' much of an ordeal (I say that "NOW"). I'm sure I'll be posting many questions when I get to that part.

Later,

Rick