Mark's 74 orange grabber - the saga continues

Discussion in 'Maverick/Comet Projects' started by amanda121287, May 17, 2018.

1. amanda121287

amanda121287 New Member

Vehicle:
    ford
    Ever think your project was never going to get done? I'm there. At any rate, it's now looking like summer 2015 for mine. Long story, but body won't be ready for interior guy by December and he only does interiors December through March. In short.....I'm SOL. That said, the body is coming. The floor turned out to be more rusted than anticipated but fortunately I was able to get th floor out of my donor car I got out of Kansas.

We took the right rear quarter and outer wheel house in total from that car, had to piece the driver rear quarter and wheel house due to a weird butcher job already done to the donor. The taillight panel moved over well also. Quick question for Craig or anyone, is the dash orange the same as the body orange? It looks like there might be some sort of metal flake in the dash but I could be seeing things. At any rate, the job is coming, we are priming this weekend, painting the engine bay soon, will drop the motor and tranny back in, but I won't be driving it for some time!

2. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
  3. Hotrock

Hotrock Rick, an MCCI Member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Mercury Comet, 1997 Mustang Cobra, 2019 Ford Edge ST
    Welcome to the site from northeast Ohio!!! :tiphat:

Where is Westchester?

4. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    I believe the orange on the inside is a different color than the orange on the outside. Sorry....I do not know what the code would be for the interior.