Phoenix Area Meet.... October...... November ?

Discussion in 'Other Maverick and Comet Clubs and Events' started by Ryan, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    73 Maverick, 70 F-100, 68 F-100, 02 Crown Vicoria
    Okay, I started planting the seed in other new member threads so might as well start a new thread here. I have seen alot of Az. members on different threads so help me point them here so we can discuss a local gathering.

The cruise on Central has been discussed in the other thread, Oct. 9th. This may work but my opinion is its too big and busy to try to get a group togethor.

There are a few weekly shows we could meet up at. 83rd Ave. and Deer Valley Saturdays, Scottsdale Pavillions Saturdays, 51st Ave and Bell Fridays.

My suggestion is that I think more people from out of town may come in for the Cruise on Central. Those that want to cruise can do so earlier in the evening after meeting up somewhere, and then cruise to one of the other show areas later in the evening. But that can make for alot of driving and a long night. Maybe just a meet atone of the shows would be better.

October may be too Soon to get this togethor if some people need to put their cars togethor. Maybe November will be better to get the best turn out.

Ok, I gave you the topic, now discuss :feedback:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  2. 74 GRABBER

74 GRABBER Member

Vehicle:
    1974 grabber, 1995 mustang GT, 1967 mustang coupe, 1956 Caddilac sedan Deville
    Sounds good Ryan, I'm down for whenever I just need a couple weeks notice.

I agree a small meet up some where else but it can be anywhere that weekend, I imagine that the pavs lot and deer valley will only be crickets the same night as the cruise on central.

3. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    Actually last year the deer valley gethering was bigger than normal, don't they shut down the central cruise early in the evening? Maybe they went there afterwards. But if we are going to do this and get a good turn out we might need more than 3 weeks notice to get everybody there.

4. gcsnowhawk

gcsnowhawk Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet GT
    Sounds great ! Glad to hear some MavComs so close. I am in Litchfield Park and game. My car is in Marana but ready to bring it up for some local work pretty quick anyway. Either way I will be there.

Gary

5. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    Ya, real close, Litchfield park is just across the street. I am near Dysart and Indian School. Get that car up here and get to work, the nice weather is just around the corner.

6. MNTony

MNTony aka Godzirra

Vehicle:
    72 Turbo FI Maverick, 2006 GMC Sierra Duramax 4x4, 2014 Ford Mustang GT 4spd
    I'm still working towards getting ready for the Cruise on Central. I just got my exhaust coated yesterday and I am putting the turbo back in this weekend.

Anyhow, my plan is to unload the car over at Lopers (I know a few guys that work there) and drive it to Indian School and Central. We don't actually go down to the Pavilions (except to cruise past it...it is a cruise after all, not a sit and show! LOL I'm old enough to remember what cruising on Central was really like.) and we have a parking lot all our own. You can still drive up and down but it's easy to get in and out. It's about the spot where people turn around as well, so you see a ton of cars.

But if some other venue works better on a different date, just let me know. As a side note I went past 83rd and Beardsley last weekend and it was dead. Maybe 20 cars, but there was construction blocking the road all around there.

7. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    Not sure what dates are available for me yet. I'm heading up to Pinetop tomorrow. Next weekend (25th and 26th) is the "Run To The Pines" car show. I'll try to make it if I can.:)

8. gcsnowhawk

gcsnowhawk Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet GT
    I am at Camelback and Litchfield and gravitate to your corner for fast food, banking, car parts, pool , and outdoor kitchen needs. Might simply move up there for all I do. I am down for the Central cruise and others in this area. Count me in! Gary

9. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    One week to the Central Cruise. I think I will actually go for once. You guys got your cars ready?

10. 74 GRABBER

74 GRABBER Member

Vehicle:
    I will be at the cruise on central, with probably the mustang though. I have not had a chance to work on the maverick lately, but I do have almost all the parts to complete. One more swap meet trip, or a lucky day on CL and I will have everything!

11. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    What are you looking for?

12. 74 GRABBER

74 GRABBER Member

Vehicle:
    I need a holley 650DP in wothwhile condition, sn-95 or mark electric fan setup, new set of freeze plugs, carbed roller block disty, duraspark box and wiring, and a 130 alternator. And about a case of beer and a weekend with nothing to do but work on the car LOL.

Cannot seem to find time to get a trip to the junkyard in. Sure I could find most of it there minus carb and disty, which I would prefer new or "like new" condition.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  13. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    not much help there, got a points dist. reman holley 4150, and chrome 63 amp alt. in the garage. You shold buy a new duraspark box too. See how much the core is for the dist., might be worth picking one up at a junkyard to turn in if they sell it cheap enough.

14. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    Haha, I tell you to look up a core when I have the O'reillys catalog database at my fingertips. Core charge on the 30-2831 dist. from 85 manual stang is $30, with the selling price of $51. The CBE7P control module is $30.

15. 74 GRABBER

74 GRABBER Member

Vehicle:
    Yeah I got plenty of disty cores I can swap with them. Never thought about the duraspark box though good call, prob should get a "new" one of them as well, or just find a good used ignition box with rev limiter and 2 step already included. Them are on the "need sooner or later" list anyways.

So again, I need more money in parts than what I paid for the car................. Need to spread it out over time so the wife don't get suspicious. LOL I can get away with more at "swap meets, and Junkyard"........ Shiney new parts, in new boxes I cannot get away with "but it was too good of a deal to pass up!"

All in good fun though :)