Silver Springs Pics

Discussion in 'Other Maverick and Comet Clubs and Events' started by Jsarnold, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Jsarnold

Jsarnold Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Sprint
    My brother and I drove the Sprint to Silver Springs without too much trouble. We had rain thru North and South Carolina but nothing frozen. When we got near to SS the suspension developed a BAD squeek. Found a place that greased every fitting (no charge) and did a hand wash and cleaned the interior for $22. But, the squeek is still there. A little embarassing pulling into the show.:oops:

I had the 927th free :bananamanregistration.

I don't know how many cars were there but I'd guess close to 2000. Mostly Mustangs. Got tired of looking at Mustangs. :D

About a dozen really fine Mavericks and Comets were there in THE prime location, right at the 0ne-lane entrance to the show area. Met some great guys and learned some things chatting with them.

Coutangman (Jim) was there with his beautifly restored "junk to jewel" Cougar that he saved from the salvage yard. Got some interior quarter panels for my Maverick from him, complete with primer and paint to make them match my white interor. He was also giving out rolls of microfiber cloths. What a guy!! THANKS, Jim!!!

We drove home today (Sunday) to avoid a winter storm that's coming to NC tomorrow. We were almost home when the PS belt went WAY loose. Mount and adjusting bolts were both still tight. Can't understand it. :huh:

.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] img_1172_original.jpg
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. mojo

mojo "Everett"- Senior Citizen Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT-302 4bl
    Thanks for the pix of the event. Im glad u were able to make the trip relatively non-eventful. Seeing those cars out n display makes me want to get my car upgrades/repairs bak on track - too cold for that now.
    Nice lookin group of cars there. When u mention being tired of seeing Mustangs I was at a show last year that was all Ford powered cars, sponsored by the Northern Mustang Corral. I expected to see mostly Mustangs. I was'nt dissappointed. I estimate there were close to a 1000 cars in attendance.
    I was the only Mav/Comet type car there I was disappointed abt that.

The guys had a nice turnout of our cars there in "Silver Springs". . Happy to see that...
    Anyway, it is my sincere hope and intention to make the RU in Dearborn this year.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  3. mavgrab302

mavgrab302 MCCI Florida State Rep

Vehicle:
    71 Maverick Grabber
    I'm glad you made it Jim, Sunday was a nice day too... Jim (coutangman) won best of show in the cougar class :)

P.S. sorry about having to park next to my mustang...:rolleyes: I promise to have the grabber done for next year...lol

4. coutangman

coutangman Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Comet GT, '72 Sprint Mustang Sportroof, '73 Mustang conv, '69 Cougar XR7 conv.
    Great pictures! So glad to hear that you made it back ok before the storm hit. Your Sprint looks great, especially like the interior, love those seats.

Look forward to seeing you again next year.

Jim

5. Jsarnold

Jsarnold Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Sprint
    Mystery Solved

When deciding what rusty parts I could save and which ones I couldn't, I removed the rust from the crank pulley in the electrolytic bath, painted it, and tried to use it. Mistake. The pitted grooves ate the sides of the PS belt and let it move down into the groove and go loose. Have an ad in the "Wanted" forum and a couple of responses.