UK Television Commercial

Discussion in 'Mavericks/Comets in the Movies and Other Media' started by DAB, Jun 24, 2006.

1. riporter

riporter Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick 2 dr. modified street cruiser, 72 Comet tube chassis drag car
    Dallas Mavericks?...it's the only discernible car in the ad...I think the others are computer generated...great stuff...good goin Doug:clap:

2. DAB

DAB MAVERICK/COMET ENTHUSIAST

Vehicle:
    '71 Comet GT V8, 1972 Maverick Grabber V8, 1972 Maverick Sprint V8, 1974 Maverick Drag-N-Fly V8, 1972 Maverick 4-door V8, & 1977 Comet 4-door I6. Also a 1969 T-Bird 429-V8
    What's amazing about the gas station scene of 3 seconds is that we spent ALL morning from 6 AM until around noon filming the station shots! There was even a petite girl in a green suite (like an alien) running through the gas station with the purple ribbon! I guess she was the Martian from planet Mav?

I have a bunch of pictures I took that week. I will eventually post them. Looking through the pictures you will see how much was cut, or how much is still coming in later ads.

Oh, and yes, the gas tank was in the fender before 1969 on this planet. That was until they decided to drop it in the trunk. :D

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  3. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    I wouldn't want to live in Maverick Utopia. Then half the reason why I like my car would be gone. It's DIFFRENT! ;)

Wouldn't mind visiting for some parts every once in a while though. (y) Can you just see the junkyards with miles and miles of small bumpered cars? :bowdown:

And of course Grabber hoods would be available at any auto parts store. :clap: