Unlimited Products Rear Spoiler...

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Azdubster, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Azdubster

Azdubster Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    Back in 2010 one the members here did an outstanding post on UP rear spoilers. He basically said it would have taken him a lot of work to make it work. He found an OEM before he received his just purchased spoiler and used that. It's been 7 years...have they gotten better? Has anyone had good, easy success with their spoilers?

I need a little help if anyone knows...I can start working on my build again ($$$ came in), my titled car is a 74, but i am making it a 71 cars much as possible. In reading this quote on the thread back in 2010 is what making me start this post. Can they work on my car? (see pics)

"Not trying to defend Unlimited here .... looks like a lot of tweaking involved ... but, I think some of the problems you faced with the corner pieces are because you are trying to adapt them to a 73 car with the extended rear bumper. They might be a lot closer to fitting if using the earlier filler pieces with the bumper tucked in.

Will the OEM spoiler pieces fit on those corners OK? Never tried this personally, so I don't know if the factory corners were changed going from 72-73. I do know that 74 and later are completely different on the lower edge."

Thanks!

ORIGINAL: http://mmb.maverick.to/threads/unlimited-products-rear-spoiler-results.63847/page-2 January 2013 007.JPG January 2013 006.JPG January 2013 009.JPG January 2013 011.JPG

2. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    my 73 has a 5 piece spoiler set from a 72...fit is fine.

Attached Files:

3. Azdubster

Azdubster Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    So....yours is OEM (I assume) and not Unlimited Products? BTW yours looks really good...

4. RMiller

RMiller My name is Rick

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick Grabber
  5. x72COMETx

x72COMETx Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Mercury Comet, 1972 Mercury comet GT, 1975 mercury comet (RIP), 1974 ford maverick (RIP)
    I purchased an unlimited products spoiler a few years ago and the quality was complete crap, the mounting hardware was placed in the wrong spots and the spoiler center section was not long enough to cover the length of the deck lid, I would not recommend purchasing from unlimited at all

6. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber

7. Azdubster

Azdubster Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    Yeah after re-reading your post...I figured out that was a dumb question on my part. Thanks.

Kyle thanks! You haven't been the only one to tell me that, but yours made my decision for me. No Unlimited.