Vineland nj cruise down memory lane , saturday !!!

Discussion in 'Other Maverick and Comet Clubs and Events' started by sgaugeguy, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sgaugeguy

sgaugeguy Bob Kraus

Vehicle:
    1971 MAVERICK 2Dr 44,000 AIR & VINYL TOP
    Is anyone else going to this show? Its a big one on Landis ave in Vineland this Saturday. They close off the avenue for blocks and park on both sides of the road. Several hundred cars last year and what seemed like a two mile walk down each side of the road. Im meeting a few co workers with their cars so we will be parked together. Last year there were only two Mavericks (late model grabber and a 4door) and one Comet (race car). You have to be there no later then 6:30 to get a spot. If your going look for me and stop and say hey! My car now has the new chrome wheels and white letter tires and hopefully I'll get the radio in tomorrow morning so I have some tunes.

2. Bigford598

Bigford598 BigFord598

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    I will be there tomorrow with my 1971 Maverick and my Brother with his 1973 Mustang Fastback. This will be my first car show ever with my just completed Maverick!! Last year at this show there was 800+ cars. You are right, only 1 or 2 Mavericks/Comets each year here. This year there will be at least 2!! Send me a pic of your car so i can quickly find you tomorrow. Dave

Attached Files:

3. Streetdeacon

Streetdeacon Streetdeacon

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2dr.
    really nice looking mav. :dance::drive:

4. Bigford598

Bigford598 BigFord598

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    THanks!!

Bob, i found your pics, 1971 green w/white stripes, w/new wheels & tires, right?
    Dave

5. sgaugeguy

sgaugeguy Bob Kraus

Vehicle:
    Dave, Drk Green , silver hood stripes, magnum 500's with goodyear raised white letters and my new QQ tags " RARE2C ". I should be parked next to a white 69 Cougar convert and a black 59 Apache p/u. See you there!
    Bob

6. Bigford598

Bigford598 BigFord598

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    Bob, I didn't go Saturday night. I had a 25 minute ride and it was raining with thunder around just prior to the show. Did you go? Let me know the next show you are going to and I will try to make it. Dave

7. sgaugeguy

sgaugeguy Bob Kraus

Vehicle:
    Dave, That was a no go also for me. The rain hit me first before you. Lost power at the house @ 4:20pm and did not get it back until 6:30am on Sunday. Still no phone service. Trashed most of our food and had medicine in the fridge for my Son that had to keep cold. By the time the rain stopped it was just too wet to go out with the car. Can't believe they still had the show! I would imagine there was no where near the cars they had last year (over 800). Dinner and a movie instead. Then back home to a dark house. There is something every weekend I'll check out the cruisin news and see whats next ...
    Bob ...

8. socalcomet

socalcomet Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Comet

I love your car!

9. sgaugeguy

sgaugeguy Bob Kraus

Vehicle:
    Dave, Show this Sunday 9am until 2pm Cross Keys road shopping center Turnersville/Sicklerville behind Texas Road House. If its nice I might go.

10. Bigford598

Bigford598 BigFord598

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    Bob, tomorrow show being put on by the Bridgeton Acme 10-2 in their parking lot, but i don't know how large, new for them, but i am going anyhow. Sunday too busy, but will catch up to you some time this summer. Dave

11. sgaugeguy

sgaugeguy Bob Kraus

Vehicle:
    Dave, I got the day wrong, the show at the Road House was today. Sorry! I was home doing yard work when one of the guys from the show call to see where I was. I think there is one coming up in Millville in a week or so. Close to home for you!