$$$$

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by blondish, Sep 9, 2005.

1. blondish

blondish Member

Vehicle:
    neg.
    Hello again,

Caitlin and I got another bid from a guy in Independence for 2250.00. He takes off all of the trim, he will fix all of the dings and put a liner of some kind in the trunk for her as well since it has a little surface rust in there. He takes the car down to metal and puts several coats of dupont paint on it and sands inbetween and then places a clear coat of some kind. Oh yeah, he has somekind of base coat as well. The best part was he didnt bs us, since thats easy to do since we dont know anything about cars, he mentioned things that you all have mentioned on this site and that makes us feel better as well. If I hadnt said it before I will now, thanks for all of the info you guys and gals gave us, your all great. I cant wait to post before and after pics for all too see!
    Wendy
    oh yeah, his chevy ss was in the parking lot, I know its a chevy:49: ,but it had a really sweet paint job on it:) . Thats a good sign, right? :D :dance:

2. Dan Starnes

Dan Starnes Original owner

Vehicle:
    Stallion, 72 Grabber, Sprint, 77 4dr Maverick
    Wendy,, sounds like you have found the right person to paint the car. Yes, if his car looks good then that is a great sign. But some autobody guys drive ratty looking stuff cause they never have time to work on their own lol.
    Dan

3. blondish

blondish Member

Vehicle:
    neg.
    kinda like the cobblers children have no shoes...

4. rosalindr

rosalindr Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Yellow Maverick Grabber
    Wow. That sounds like a terrific deal. Good luck with it. Show off the pix when ready.

Roz

5. Jean Doll

Jean Doll Maverick Restoration Tech

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2 door with a 302.
    Boy, ain't that the truth!:oops: Our poor old truck looks like it belongs to Sanford and Son.:) Sounds like you got a good deal, Wendy. Will the shop owner let you come ' visit ' the car while it's being worked on? That can be a great learning experiance and a chance to ask more questions if needed. We always welcome the owners of cars we work on to come and check things out and ask whatever questions they can think of. It really helps them understand more about what's involved with fixing up thier cars.

6. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    I know several body & paint guys ... they all drive ratty cars!

7. blondish

blondish Member

Vehicle:
    neg.
    thanks for the support everyone!

Jean Doll,
    I didnt ask but I will sure find out. Knowing the process would be nice, reading everything on this site I kind of feel .....behind:rolleyes: . I am going to have to buy my own old car, caitlin is stingy with the keys! It will only get worse when the car is all shiny and new looking. I thing it will be done in about 6 weeks. Pics then:) .
    Wendy