1973 Merc. Comet

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by JPL, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Dan Starnes

Dan Starnes Original owner

Vehicle:
    Stallion, 72 Grabber, Sprint, 77 4dr Maverick
    Welcome, and since you are in OH I would advise you to go the Columbus OH swap meet in April.
    Dan

2. Mercurycruizers

Mercurycruizers David (Coop) Cooper

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO Comet GT Daily driver: 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL
    As far as the front bumper. You can suck it in as I did on my 73 Comet. If you notice, I have the LDO side trim also. I found me a Comet GT parts car, got the scoop, headlight bezels, grill, mag wheels & 3 piece rear spoiler. I already had mounted a 69 Mach 1 rear spoiler on the trunk. Now I can change the trunk lid & end caps, when I want a different look. Even though I was going for the GT clone look, my spouse talked me into keeping all the LDO chrome trim (a 70's thing). The lower front chin spoilers are still available. Adds alot to the cars looks.The Granada console also adds a little class to the interior. I have more pictures I can send you, just email me.....

3. JPL

JPL Member

Vehicle:
    1975 Ford Maverick "Police Edition"
    A little help here. As some of you may have noticed, those that have read and replied to my postings. I am in the process of restoring my "73" Merc. Comet. Since I have done other cars, but never have done the "73" Comet I am seeking information and pictures. OK, with that said, my Comet has this side molding on it, slim chrome piece, that runs the length of the car., runs with upper body lines. I have seen side molding on some, but it is straight, haven't seen pics with any of the molding I have. Molding also runs the perimeter of the Halo Vinyl top. Anybody seen the molding I am talking about, any pics, any web site to go to so I can view all options that came in "73". Alot to ask, but so far this forum and group has been great. As for those that want to send me pics direct, my email is: jpleseganich@msn.com Again many thanks for all the tips, photos and help. Oh, one more question, how in the "Helen House" do you load up pics off of this format? John "73"