1974 Grabber GTS???????

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Grabbergts, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Grabbergts

Grabbergts Member

Vehicle:
    Maverick Grabber GTS
    hey that boss 302 maveric myth... Ive not only heard of it. ive seen one, whether it was aftermarket or not lol i have seen one.

2. maverick75

maverick75 Gotta Love Mavs!

Vehicle:
    The mav is gone but i'm still here!
    We`ve seen a bunch also, but none are factory. The factory part is what makes it special. Its actually easier to get Boss 302 headers than it is to get 351W headers, go figure.....

3. Grabbergts

Grabbergts Member

Vehicle:
    Maverick Grabber GTS
    what exactly makes a boss 302?

4. maverick75

Vehicle:
    Its basically a road race version of a 302. It was developed for the racetrack that used to be here in Riverside. The block is stronger, it had a cross drilled forged crankshaft, high compression. One of the big differences is that it used Cleveland style canted valve heads, which requires a special manifold. Also the engine specs varied during the short span of production.

5. Grabbergts

Grabbergts Member

Vehicle:
    Maverick Grabber GTS
    ok cool. well if anyone has any questions about the other cars you can see in the pictures just ask and i will give you as much info as i can give you.

6. Ron45922

Ron45922 Member

Vehicle:
    1973 comet 302,29000 miles auto air, 2009 shelby kr ( last red one built , 2500 miles)
    hey

im always around your area,,i got some parts from the comet gt i scrapped plus my buddy owns the red 73 comet in shellbrook. there is two mavericks sitting in farmers field near loon lake,,one is a 2 dr and the other is 4 dr ,,i picked thru them but there are parts still on them,,

im always in the your area every two weeks,,so let me know what u need,,

Ron

7. Fordmaster169

Fordmaster169 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1969 1/2 MavPro Street Project, 1972 F-100 stepside 4X4, 2015 F150 4X4, 2ea 2001 Ranger 4X4 extended cab step sides
    Actually the Cleavland used 302 Boss style heads. The 351C didn't come out untill 1970. The first production 302 Boss was 1969. There were a few and I mean very few to rare 351C engines found in Mustangs during the very last few weeks of production in 1969. Yes there are C9 casting numbers on alot of 351C parts due to the fact that is when they were cast for the 1970 production year. Just something to think about.

8. maverick75

Vehicle:
    The info i got comes from a Mustang book written by David Newhardt it says: "the [Boss] heads were lifted from the new 351 Cleveland engine. This was the single largest contributor to the performance that was unleashed. The heads were found to have the same bolt-hole pattern and bore spacing as the block"

9. Grabbergts

Grabbergts Member

Vehicle:
    Maverick Grabber GTS

I know that car. it sits just before the bridge on your way to canwood right?????? Sexy little Red 1973 Comet sitting in front of the Garage. OMG BEAUTIFUL CAR!!!!! If I'm right there is a yellowish maverick or comet sitting just outside of Shellbrook. I dont know if its still there. I do have a number for the guy though.

10. Grabbergts

Grabbergts Member

Vehicle:
    Maverick Grabber GTS
    Thinking about selling my 1974 Grabber. hurts to say it but i need the money right now. besides i have a few other projects to get out of the way too

11. Grabbergts

Grabbergts Member

Vehicle:
    Maverick Grabber GTS
    So I talked to my Dad again and he said the Monte Carlo is for sale if the offer is right. He has plans for it but they wont be put into play until further down the road. like when he sells it lol. he has too many projects on the go at the moment. and ive posted new pictures on here of the maverick. Its up for sale.