2018 Gathering

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by coutangman, May 7, 2018.

1. coutangman

coutangman Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Comet GT, '72 Sprint Mustang Sportroof, '73 Mustang conv, '69 Cougar XR7 conv.
    Anyone heard anything about the 2018 Gathering. It is closing on to 2 months for
    projected time and no news that I have seen. Is it still on for Somerset? I would like to finalize my Summer plans for road trips and this one is still a mystery. Anybody know anything about it?

Jim

2. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    I have seen nothing yet. Tony Hahn is supposed to sponsor it, but has nothing on this board. I haven't seen anything on FB either. I am planning on going, and I would like to see something as to planning. The rooms are $70.00/night, and you have to ask and mention the Gathering. I think Tony working on it. You doing ok?

3. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    Sponsored or not it will happen, well at least we will be there as well as several others. Dont really need an agenda as it is about meeting up and seeing one another as it has turned out to be more like a family reunion, at least for us. I do agree though that a little info could be shared but all I require is a room and I know how to get that. Hopefully we will be in Tuesday

I would like to do the Rattlesnake Run this year http://rattlesnake192.com/ although it is a fairly long drive maybe do a part of it, in previous years we have done a portion of it.

I imagine Tony and the gang have things under control since this is not the first rodeo for them and we have asked them not to fill up the entire week with things to do and he has mentioned in the past lots of things we could do but it appears most people prefer to just hang out and eat and see the sights on there own. The only thing we really need is a place to have the car show/picnic.

71gold likes this.
  4. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    we made our reservations ( Country Inn Suites...Somerset, Ky.) about a month ago (16th-22nd). hope to see you there. as Earl said, rooms are $70 a night for the group rate.

:outtahere:...:drive:...:chirp:

5. 71gold

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    how long have you had your reservations?

6. coutangman

coutangman Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Comet GT, '72 Sprint Mustang Sportroof, '73 Mustang conv, '69 Cougar XR7 conv.
    I called and made my reservation for July 19-21. There is some confusion concerning how the group is listed. Be sure and mention Tony Hahn's name as he has booked almost all available rooms there under his name. Rate is $70.95. See you there. By the way, the Rattlesnake looks like a great ride and not too far away. Let's do it !!!

Jim

7. yellow75

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    Thanks for heads up Jim, called and got ours made, If you are going to call and make reservations do it in the morning because Velma the nice little old lady has a hard time with the computer and finding the blocked out units and says that they are all booked up for that week, probably all booked up by Tony she just couldnt find it then the computer crashed on her.

What you going to drive this year Jim ?

8. coutangman

coutangman Member

Vehicle:
    Not sure yet. I took the Sprint Mustang to Auto Fair this year. I have the Power Tour in June, this trip, and Lynchburg Also possibly one to Springfield, Ill with the Cougar. May bring the Gold Pony to this one and the '69 Cougar to Lynchburg. The Comet GT is still not ready to travel. I have been distracted this past year with a health issue.

Jim

9. 71gold

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    this year's T-shirts...

Please email Terry and Tony Hahn at Hahnwood@windstream.net to place your order! Thanks!

Wilbur Green and William623 like this.
  10. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    I made my reservations a couple days after you did.

11. Wilbur Green

Wilbur Green Member

Vehicle:
    76Stallion, 762dr.
    Made ours over the weekend went down to see Sherry and Smirk for the weekend had a great time see you all in July.

12. rthomas771

rthomas771 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '74 Maverick 250 5-Speed.'60 Falcon V8. '63.5 Falcon HT
    I'm not going be able to make it this year. Need to stick around the house

13. yellow75

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    Wont be the same without you Jeff but you got to do what you go to do. Looking forward to seeing you again Wilbur and Susan and everybody else of course. Got to check out Franks new and improved rear end. LOL. July is sneaking up pretty fast