4-door sedan with bucket seats

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by bvergeer, Apr 19, 2019.

1. bvergeer

bvergeer Member

Vehicle:
    1971 2 Door
    Curiosity question: I bought a 76 Maverick 4-door sedan parts car over the weekend and it has, what looks like, factory bucket seats. Was that a thing?

They have recline levers in on the inboard side and don't tilt forward like a standard bucket.

Anyone know if I could use the seat rails in my 71 Project car which is a 2-door bench? Then find a set of folding buckets to mount on top.

2. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    Welcome to the site

Bucket seats in a 4 door car was an option and you see several cars with them . Ads far as using the seat rails on your I would say that you could but not the ones from the passenger seat due to the fact that it is a catalytic converter car. You would have to devise a method to release the latch mechanism on the passenger side seat rail.

The 4 door seats can be made to tilt forward with some work, there are some articles on this forum that tells how to do it, if you went that route then you would have to find another track for passenger seat