5.4" vs 5.315"Rods

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by cityboy, Aug 13, 2003.

1. CometGT1974

CometGT1974 Gearhead

Vehicle:
    74 Comet GT
    proving a point!!

Nope, I typed all that out of one of my favorite ford high performance books!!!! Just to prove a point!!!!!!!!! Now we can start to talk about "my total lack of understanding" on this subject!!!! :D ;) OK, enough said!!!

2. MaverickGrabber

MaverickGrabber MaverickGrabber1972

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber 393w
    How was I put into the argument? I just said he most have pasted and copy agree with CometGt1974 as well :p If your looking to get every once of power out of a motor then you can play with rod ratios
    But before I would do all that I would just go up the next size stroker :).the only resin
    Probe went with a shorter rod was to make there kits look better no pin in the oil ring

Last edited: Aug 17, 2003
  3. slowcomet

slowcomet Member

Vehicle:
    1975 Comet
    Hey Comet you misunderstood me completely about this issue, and I was a little rude also so I am sorry. My point is about engine longevity not power. Long rog engines tend last longer on the street but I wasnt trying to say they made more power. Racing is a different issue cubic inches rule!:)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2003
  4. Darracq

Darracq Member

Re

Forget about rod ratio. I have tested it and it makes no power difference.

5. Speedy

Speedy Member

Vehicle:
    '71 Comet GT
    Here's another view...
    It's fun to play with things like bore, stroke, strokers, rod ratios, etc, etc, etc... I love cranking up a motor for the first time after playing with all sorts of different performance upgrades and tricks. It's cool to hear the tone of the motor the first time fired. It's a blast to read between the lines in the rule book and try a new "secret". Sometimes half the fun is just trying something new to see how it's going to run. On the other hand if your goal is to be the fastest. Talk to the guys that do it for a living and go with a proven combination. At this point in time there's not much we can do that ain't already been done. Sometimes though, in the quest for power, we get off on our little tangents. That's what makes this stuff so fun. Your a gear head!