2 Door Maverick item created by RMiller, Jan 5, 2020
RMiller submitted a new car to the Garage :
Read more about this garage here...
Started out with some floor patching, sub frame connectors and clean up of the undercoating.
Bought a set of 18" wheels and proceeded to open the wheel wells similar to GrabberGT's car.
In October I cleaned up the garage then put the engine and the C4 in the car. Next step is put together the engine mount kit from Rough Stuff and get the Tremec situated so I can make a cross member and put a hole in the floor. Also put the new bell housing on the transmission so I can bolt on the Rosehill slave cylinder and verify all is well there.
Made a start on the cross member, I made a copy of the Hurst piece they sell for the early Mustang.
The cross member was the best solution to a lack of room. The reverse gear housing takes up the space the cross member would take up.
The size of the transmission dictated some tunnel modifications. To keep the angles correct I needed more floor space so I cut out a piece above the main body but it wasn't enough so I had to cut some more.
your pics are not loading.
Yeah I am not seeing them either
On to the mounts, bolted the parts in after tacking the block side together and proceeded to build from the frame out. Passenger side went like a dream, driver side not so much. Turns out the coolant drain boss interfered with the mount. I spotted a gap in a picture that I sent to my brother, explained why the bolt fought me. A little grinding and starting over on the frame side and all was well. Once all was done the engine was exactly where it started.
Notice the gap at the front bolt...
Interesting, they show up for me and they are even hosted on this site. Guess I better figure it out!
They are showing up on "What did you do to your Maverick or Comet today" thread, but not here.......
Simple-ish fix, I opened the attachments from other threads and copied the address when I attached the images. Couldn't see uploading doubles and wasting space on the servers. I have done it before with no issue but I took them directly from the thread where this time I went through my profile. Doing that the image location was httpS, I deleted the S and it seemed to work.
It was strange, they showed up on my new laptop but not the old one or my phone. Think it's good now but I have a dog in my lap blocking the use of my laptop at the moment so I can't look!
Once it was all where it needed to be I pieced the tunnel back together. I still need to finish weld it and then rebuild the support but it's going the right direction.
Separate names with a comma.