...'74 Comet front bumper tuck...

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by 71gold, Sep 29, 2013.

1. NICK DOMINICK

NICK DOMINICK MCCI Virginia State rep.

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber 302, 1973 Maverick my first car that is under restoration, 1972 Grabber and 1976 Maverick parts cars, 2012 Mustang GT, 2001 Lightning
    Looking good!!!

2. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.

They are different. 1974 mounts are bigger. But really not a huge difference.

3. Terry1

Terry1 Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Comet GT
    Yep, Frank came over and helped me with the tuck. Of course we had to look at Franks car because he is always upgrading his Mav. Very nice car.
    As Frank has already made note to, the tuck was straight forward. Just used the other two bolt holes which pushing the front bumper rearward. It's like Mercury knew everyone would want to tuck their front bumper. I will not bother with the rear bumper as it looks OK as is. Also, I had to do a lot of work to clean all the rust from the mounts, repaint, etc. The big bumper structure (large frame the bumper mounts to) had to be sandblasted and epoxy painted before I could do the final installation. Bumpers rechromed, sandblasting, painting, etc is taking about 2 months to finish. Hopefully, will have it finish before the Perry Cruise-In. Thanks Frank for the help and advice.

4. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    thanks...anything to get that... "PUMPKIN" ...on the road before Halloween...:yup: