Acronyms

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by bkcha, Oct 21, 2014.

1. bkcha

bkcha Member

Vehicle:
    71 Gabber
    Was looking at the parts for sales and wanted pages. Is there a Acronyms page on here, if not what does LDO stand for when look at seat tracks?

2. MaverickDan

MaverickDan I wanna go fast!!!

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Maverick 4dr
    Ldo stands for luxury decor option.

Paul Masson likes this.
  3. CaptainComet

CaptainComet Large Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    The significant difference between LDO seat tracks and the regular highback bucket seat tracks, is that the LDO tracks have no riser built in. LDO seats are constructed differently. The highback seat tracks have a riser that is around 2 inches taller or so.

I used LDO tracks with my highback buckets in order to get the seating position lower, and this is a good thing if you are tall. I am 6' tall and have always had an issue with banging my knee into the steering wheel in stock Mavs and Comets.

This is my combo now ...

I got enough room back that I swapped in a sport steering wheel, which is a bit bigger diameter than the one in the picture. The only thing I would do differently is to move the seat track holes about 3/4" outboard to center the seat in the space a bit. Not only do highback seat tracks have a riser, but there also is a small jog built into them, too. Right now my seats are a little snug next to my console, and there is room to the door. I used the original bench seat holes to mount these, and you should if using LDO seats and matching tracks, or highbacks and their tracks, but this combo could use a new position.

Russell likes this.