Almost done engine comp

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 74Maverick, Jan 21, 2004.

1. randy

randy www.my74mav.tk

Vehicle:
    1974 grabber clone
    i love that comet, i seen a video of a blue comet on the internet racing at an 1/8 mile track running 6.40 is this the car. the cross bracing on the shock towers did you buy that somewhere or did you make it if you made it how much would it cost to make a set for a 74 grabber. mine went 6.41 on a 150 shot, it doesent have the bracing and i am afraid it will twist it up. thanks randy

2. 74Maverick

74Maverick Maverick Maniac

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick I bought for $500 8 years ago when I was 16. Since then I have invested $30,000 into it.
    Riporter, Man that black in the background really sets that blue off nicely. Makes the blue look even deeper, Be sure to post the pics of the compartment when youre done. Youll be done yours before I do mine. I probably wont be able to do it till spring. Thanks, Thom

3. riporter

riporter Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick 2 dr. modified street cruiser, 72 Comet tube chassis drag car
    Thx Thom, I'm gonna steal an idea from Dennis and make my own Maverick valve covers by puttin the chrome Mav emblems on them.
    The engine is becoming an obsession...I need to get to a stopping point so I can move on to the interior. The Mav is in the shop havin the 9" rear end put in this weekend. I'm chompin at the bit get it back:D

4. MaverickGrabber

MaverickGrabber MaverickGrabber1972

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber 393w
    I have been trying to find a chrome 90deg heater hose fitting so the one going to the core don’t stick up[​IMG]

5. 74Maverick

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick I bought for $500 8 years ago when I was 16. Since then I have invested $30,000 into it.
    Hey MaverickGrabber, Ford Motor Sport makes it I have it on mine. I needed it in order to run the March pulleys the way Im running them. I think the water neck was $30. It was also chrome.

Hey Riporter, it never stops does it? I said Id stop w/ my engine comp. now I want to paint it black like yours. Now I just do a little everywhere on the car. Once I get the house w/ garage thats when the crazy stuffs gonna happen. Thom

6. MaverickGrabber

Vehicle:
    i did not see any for the heater hose from the intake to the core seen a steal one could paint it but

7. Thack

Thack vision advicator

Vehicle:
    71 2 Dr Maverick, 70 Mustang Sportsroof, 77 F100 4x4, 72 maverick grabber wifes

I thought we were the only ones to have done this?

8. MaverickGrabber

Vehicle:
  9. 74Maverick

Vehicle:
    Sorry Maverick Grabber, I read what you put and was thinking thermostat housing, stupid me:slap: Hope I didnt just confuse the heck out of you. Thom

10. riporter

riporter Member

Vehicle:
    That looks great Thomas, what did you do? Dremel grind the embossing off the cover.
    Grabber, nice engine shot...I think thats the black I wanna do my compartment in. Satin Black?

11. MaverickGrabber

Vehicle:
    Mine is a Semi-gloss black high temp engine paint [​IMG]

12. NYYWill24251

NYYWill24251 Member

Vehicle:
    73 Frod Maverick 302 V8
    Hindsight is 20/20

Guys I love what ya'll have done. But I have a ? Not to sound like a fool, but when we rebuilt our engine, making it look/run wonderful(not including the power steering pump) we neglected to paint the inside of the engine compartment. the metal is almost all good minus the battery holder(wich we can fix easily enough) But is it possiable to paint the engine compartment, without having to pull everything back out. because there is a very tight fit between the exuast and the sides of the compartment. I am almsot sick we didnt take the time, to begin with, but now, it has become a severe thorn in my side. Thanks for any suggestions.

13. 74Maverick

Vehicle:
    I was thinking of waiting until I change to the Elite headers (for looks) and changing the heads and just taking my time stripping that mess of trunk splatter out and doing satin black. I dont it would be too hard w/ the heads and headers out and then just cover the engine real good. What do you guys think? Thom

14. riporter

riporter Member

Vehicle:
    Thom that would definitely be the time to do it...something you might want to check out is a paint product called hammertite...comes in various colors and the finish is hard as a rock and difficult to scratch, its not a high gloss finish but not flat either...its a rust encapsulator also...look at my thread entitled, Transformation...I used it on the Compressor mounting bracket and shock tower struts.:)

15. 74Maverick

Vehicle:
    Thanx Riporter, I sure will thats perfect cause I dont want anything real shiny. Just want our March pulleys to stand out ha ha! I cant wait to get it done. Thanks again, Thom