Almost in paint!

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by RASelkirk, Dec 9, 2008.

1. RASelkirk

RASelkirk Retired!

Vehicle:
    Sonic Blue '72 w/LS-1, 200R4, 9" w/3.50
    Engine is finally in!

My son came by today and we managed to get the engine in place. For an LS motor, it looks huge in there! Still need to do some wiring, relocate the washer bottle forward a few inches, plumb up the fuel and power steering. Might be a few more weeks before she runs...

Russ

Attached Files:

2. darren

darren Member

Vehicle:
    72 302 Maverick
    Yep mine too. Its nerve racking on assy but it turns out really clean with no overspray.

Your car turned out great. I like the wheels.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  3. justin has a 74

justin has a 74 Maverick bandit official

Vehicle:
    74 maverick /71 grabber /72 maverick
    Woooo!!! That looks nice!

4. RASelkirk

RASelkirk Retired!

Vehicle:
    Sonic Blue '72 w/LS-1, 200R4, 9" w/3.50
    It's now a running car!

Got it started today! :yahoo:Should have been last week, but who knew that Ford (for reasons beyond my comprehension) decided to power down all circuits that are hot in "RUN" whenever you crank the car! After a weekend of head-scratching, I finally figured it out and had to wait 'til this weekend to wire up a relay to power my ignition during "START". Now I need to pull the trans to replace the rear main seal I took a chance on :huh: after it slung a cup of oil during the 15 minute runout.

One quick Q on the PS rack. My GM pump may be producing too much pressure/volume because the front wheels start a violent shimmy whenever I turn the steering wheel quickly. I may not have enough "bleed time" yet and could still have air in it... I know the rack is NOT an MII unit, as I've already ordered (and returned) the 2 GPM reducer fitting that was twice as large as the port in the rack. I guess I need to call Willie Tuesday and see what he says.

Russ