Aluminum door panels

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by MsMegen73, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Shorty

Shorty Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '72 Maverick, 347 c.i., w/ dual quads, TKO 600 5-speed transmission, back halved w/ 4-link, '16 F150, 5.0 Coyotte, regular cab, shortbed, lowered 3/5 & 1-owner '79 Trans Am.
    I probably won't because for the pre-73 models you would have to put square holes in the panel where the armrest attaches to the inner door. I don't know how the post-73 armrest/door pulls attach but it might be worth a look.

Bruce

2. MsMegen73

MsMegen73 Member

Vehicle:
    Ford Maverick
    I didn't for two reasons, 1. Mine were garbage and being held together with electrical tape, and 2. I wanted the clean aluminum look :)

3. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    is there a coating on these panels or do they have to be polished to maintain the clean appearance? also, do they have any provisions for arm rests?

4. Shorty

Shorty Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '72 Maverick, 347 c.i., w/ dual quads, TKO 600 5-speed transmission, back halved w/ 4-link, '16 F150, 5.0 Coyotte, regular cab, shortbed, lowered 3/5 & 1-owner '79 Trans Am.
    They do not appear to have a coating on their brushed finish. I have cleaned smudges off of mine with Windex on a clean rag. They also do not have provisions for an arm rest as they were intended for race cars. My factory armrest were pretty beat up as well. One of the attached pictures shows mine when it arrived and the other is in my car.

Attached Files:

5. MsMegen73

MsMegen73 Member

Vehicle:
    Ford Maverick
    You DO have the option to get them in matte black, and the option to get them clear coated for an additional fee. ($30 per panel I believe?) I went to the local autozone and bought some high gloss enamel in a can and shot them myself so put a finish on them :)

6. mav1970

mav1970 Bob Hatcher

Vehicle:
    69.5 Maverick 393 Cleveland Stroker
    The panels themselves are a thing of beauty but I would be thinking about doing something to either hide or blend in those inside door handle mechanisms :huh: