average age of a mav owner

Discussion in 'Other Maverick and Comet Clubs and Events' started by koldham, Dec 10, 2012.

1. maverickdragger

maverickdragger GearHead

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    I'm 24... I grew up in a maverick.. There hasn't been a year in my life when one hasn't been in the family.. As far as age at shows.. That's something that is never a issue.. I've always been graciously greeted as a young up and coming car enthusiast... Never a kid or punk...

2. AppMaverick

AppMaverick Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick 2dr
    28 tomorrow.... getting old :dizzy:

3. koldham

koldham Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    Well then i guess il be seeing you NE Georgia guys soon as soon as i get my ride back in one piece

4. Hawkco

Hawkco Genuine Car Nut

Vehicle:
    77 Maverick
    Don't wait for your ride to be together. Come meet up with us. The Dixie Maverick crowd ranges from your age (and younger) to grandpa age. The key to getting along with anybody is respect - that's a two way street, by the way. You give respect, you get respect. You get respect, you give respect. Experience is the best teacher and there is a lot experience in out group. Watch this section and our website (dixiemaverick.com) for planned activities and quick get togethers. 71gold (Frank) is always doing something somewhere to meet up with folks. Watch for his postings, too. :burnout:

5. BigDog41364

BigDog41364 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1975 maverick
    Most of us love to see younger guys and gals come to the meets and shows. my son is 24 and he has been helping me with every aspect of the car. he went to the 2012 national round up with me and had an absolute blast, loved every second of it.

6. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    I was 19 when I bought my Sprint and I'll be 60 next month. That will put a curve in your figures.

7. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt BBF life

Vehicle:
    1970 ford torino #1
    31 here just right across the tn/ga line

8. lastchance

lastchance Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Grabber 302 c4 Needs a complete restoration.
    I`ll be 71 in January 2013 Still working on my Grabber.

9. bmcdaniel

bmcdaniel Senile Member

Vehicle:
    '70 Maverick Grabber
    Bought my Maverick in January of '73 when I was 18...
    Who better to learn from about these cars than those that have experience with them?

10. jhohlfeld

jhohlfeld Member

Vehicle:
    71 Maverick Grabber, Isaac's 76 Maverick
    I was born in 73, and got my first maverick when I was 15. We had a 75 Comet that dad bought in 77 that was 200 with 3 on the tree. I am 2nd youngest of 8 and there was only 1 of us that didn't learn how to drive in that car.

Now I am 39, and I have a 8 year old son that bought his first car (76 Maverick) and he absolutely loves it. he is always talking about getting a dirtbike or a 4 wheeler and I said that we could sell the maverick and you could maybe get both and he says no way! He had saved up the money him self and we went and got it. Now my 2 girls (age 6 and 4) are talking about wanting a Maverick to. I think it is really neat that they are that interested in them.

11. cougargt

cougargt Member

Bought my first one (75 4 door) in 79 when I got outa high school and it was stolen. A few years later I bought a 72 Comet GT. It gave up the ghost and ended up in the junk yard. Some years later I got another 4 door (74). It got rear ended. Traded it off for parts and bought a 67 Cougar GT shell, hence the name. But now I'm back with the Mavericks again. Got my 72 2 door and I love it, well other than the engine. First one that didn't have a 302. I'm gonna be 52 in a couple months by the way. I got a feeling most of us are on the upper end of age. Cause most of us grew up with these cars and knew how great they were and still are. Oh yea, my father who worked for Ford had bought a 72 Comet GT when it was new and that car was in the family for a few years too.

12. zackarthurb

zackarthurb Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Ford Maverick
    I'm 18, get to meet lots of great guys who used to own mavericks from driving one. Everyone seems to think its great that a younger person is interested in owning and working on a old car

13. Moneymaker 1

Moneymaker 1 Green Street Beasts

Vehicle:
    1972 Green Maverick Grabber Street Beasts
    Don't let ages worry you, you like the car so that's what matters, I have had 17 Mavericks over the soon to be 52 years I have lived, I would think it's cool for a younger person to have/like the same kind of car that I had/liked in my younger days, just remember they are NOT good for jumping ditches in! (I know first hand)

14. driftwood

driftwood Member

Vehicle:
    95mustang gt convertable 74 maverick, 75 four door,71 parts car, 67 couger 71 jav. sst
    bought my FIRST maverick in 1975 second in 77 then waited another 34 years to buy my third fourth and fifth! i was 17 when i got my first! how old am i? :biglaugh::rofl2:

15. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco

Old enough to know better :)