Bad experience with a vendor

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Ivan Colesnic, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Ivan Colesnic

Ivan Colesnic Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Ford Maverick
    Hey guys, I had a bad experience with a vendor and I don't know how to go about fixing it. I won't name the vendor because I don't want to blast anyone, but you can figure out who it is if you've read some of my other posts. Ordered a front K-member, took a while to receive it, which was ok, they built it...but then I didn't receive the coilovers for another month after I got the K-member and no one even said anything about it until I called. The K-member was not specific to my car as ordered. The hardware was the wrong size (crush sleeves were too short for the frame...no one sells tubing that thickness and ID/OD around me, so I had to spend a day riding around looking for the right size tubing), the control arm bushing sleeves were all different lengths, the lower control arm openings were also different widths. And then I ordered a steering shaft kit, mostly because I didn't feel like fabricating anything...well, I got the wrong stuff...and it took almost 2 months to get here. I checked all my order confirmations and in all of my orders I specify the car that the parts are for and what I need. When I call them they are always helpful, but I am tired of waiting for parts.

Attached Files:

2. greasemonkey

greasemonkey Burnin corn

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1973 ford maverick Grabber,2017 dodge ram,88t-bird,indian scout,Indian Chieftain.95 Mustang GT
    Yeah....same thing happened to me. Same vendor. If there had been another option I would have cancelled my order after the first month but I. Didn't. I just kept calling until they made it right.

3. COMETIZED

COMETIZED Member

Vehicle:
    70 Mav. 74 Comet
    Name them ! There are folks out here that may be ordering the same items . I for one would appreciate knowing
    WHO the dork is ! I'm ordering similar parts this month and I'd like to be sure its from the right outfit . JMO

Cometized
    Chip

TeeEl and Static like this.
  4. cool70mav

cool70mav Member

Vehicle:
    had 1969.5, 1974 Maverick 2008 Shelby Gt Mustang 71 Lime Green Grabber
    I hope it’s not the AJE Colt 65. I bought his K Member and lower control arm’s last year and just about to install the K member.

5. Tannersg1

Tannersg1 Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    Its obviously the AJE kit. Aren't they the only company making those? They look great in the ads. But when you see one up close the lack of quality shines through. I don't know how those things pass tech.

6. COMETIZED

COMETIZED Member

Vehicle:
    70 Mav. 74 Comet
    I bought my Front End from Rod And Custom 3 years ago .. Everything is fine !
    Cometized
    Chip

71gold likes this.