Best way to lower the rear?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 75Mav91Stang, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Maverick Man

Maverick Man The Original Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    darch them or use blocks. depending on your springs you can uses anything form a 1 inch to a 2 inch block.

this is what a block looks like....

[​IMG]

this is what it looks like on the car... btw that not a photo of my car

[​IMG]

if there is no image.. sorry i was stealing bandwidth... lol!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  2. aggie2390

aggie2390 Member

Vehicle:
    1973 maverick
    blocks would be easier and would take less time and money

3. 75Mav91Stang

75Mav91Stang Member

Vehicle:
    1970 and 1975 Ford Maverick
    Thank you for the pic. That helps alot :thumbs2::thumbs2:

4. lowriderick

lowriderick Member

Vehicle:
    2 drs. 1977
    Excuse my ignorance but I am kind of new to the DIY

Well I am wondering about lowering the rear end, of course I still have to install the sound system before as it surely will drop at least an inch, the rear tires are also due to be replaced (I just bought the car about a month ago and focused on interior mods like seats, carpet and installing a hurst Indy pick-up manual shifter into my steering column automatic.. lol yes.. it was odd but it worked, anyway..) but I am still very curious about this whole thing of lowering blocks as I just cut a coil out of the coil springs today and didn't have a chance to ride it but it surely dropped at least an inch and with the low profile tires it looks awesomely low but I don't want the back to look lower than the front.. even though there is always the last resource those lame "coil springs boosters" that you can either use them to raise or lower :) right ?... well, I better stop typing this "novel" and wait for all of your expertise .. lol please if anyone's got sort of a how-to install lowering blocks and can confirm if I need new U-bolts to be installed with the blocks install, please help this painful soul.. lol :huh:

By the way the pic on my signature is the picture of the add the last owner put on a website but haven't had the chance to take any pics of the ride as I haven't even washed it yet.. lol..:coco: