boss 429 style scoop

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Rogue302, Mar 19, 2017.

1. groberts101

groberts101 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1971 Comet GT
    Looks pretty good mod'd like that, IMO. And I think the bigger the wheels and tires get.. the better the bigger scoops look too. General acceptance is all about scaling and proportions.

The biggest issue I see with the Boss scoop is that the rear curvature doesn't match the wider rear hood section very well. Looks out of place and a bit misshapen on these particular hood designs. Which is why I chose to section, stretch, widen, lift and reshape my original GT scoop rather than start with the misshapen Boss version. Much more work trying to make the Boss version fit our hoods like the original.

And no, I won't show it yet but it's very much a hybrid design between the two versions and everyone who's seen it says that it looks factory but with slightly more aggressive scaling. Which is perfect because that's exactly what I was after when I finally decided to cut it. Many untrained eyes may not even notice that it's been modified but it will add more aggressive styling. And when I park it next to another factory GT scooped car?.. mine will look better. :D

2. Krazy Comet

Krazy Comet Tom

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Comet GT clone 306 . 1969 Fairlane Cobra 428CJ 1988 T-Bird awaiting 331 ..
    :eek: It's amazing how much those scoops grew when installed on other vehicles...

[​IMG]

3. jasonwthompson

jasonwthompson Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    Put a Comet GT/Eliminator scoop on and call it a day.

4. jasonwthompson

jasonwthompson Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    I think it is big hoses.