Brazilian Parts - what is available in Brazil

Discussion in 'Foreign Mavericks' started by Peter421sd, Aug 26, 2007.

1. ANTHONY1ANTHONY

ANTHONY1ANTHONY Member

Vehicle:
    1973 maverick
    Tring to get some parts

HOW CAN I GET THE INFO ON GETTING SOME OF THOSE PARTS AND PRICES,THEY WOULD REALLY LOOK GOOD ON MY MAV,GET BACK AT ME:drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive::drive:

2. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Well, you can get more parts on a boat but it might take a while to get there. If you fly...bring a big suit case. :)

3. maverick75

maverick75 Gotta Love Mavs!

Vehicle:
    The mav is gone but i'm still here!
    Billet Grill? there's a guy here in cali making them.
    http://mmb.maverick.to/showthread.php?t=63307

Rear Spoiler?

just look on ebay or the "for sale" section on here....theres a few.
    http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=m39&_nkw=maverick+spoiler&_sacat=
    http://mmb.maverick.to/showthread.php?t=66027

Front spoiler? some guys have had good look with the 69 mustang boss429 spoiler, there are also some maverick ones on ebay.
    http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/it...ry=Exterior+Trim&subCategory=&CatKey=EMUSTANG

Side kit?
    the sn95 mustangs had those...they don't fit our cars perfectly but they can be made to fit.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MUST...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

So see there's no need to go overseas for these items(y)

4. edinho morais

edinho morais New Member

Vehicle:
    maverick 1976 from brazil
    Peter sou de sp,quanto custa o conta giro?

5. MATTBLACK

MATTBLACK Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    rear side trim

I am EXTREMELY interested in the "rear side trim", as long as the price isn't going to force me to re mortgage the house. Anyone got a set?

6. 1974grabber

1974grabber Member

Vehicle:
    1974 grabber
    how much are the side window luvers

7. Peter421sd

Peter421sd Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Cougar XR7,1974 Lincoln Mark IV,Maverick is next on the list
    Sorry fellas,my bad...

I apologize for have started this whole fray,between me being too busy with my job and brazilians desperate to grab some hard earned American dough seems like nobody acomplished anything so far,anyway,however,i managed to take a look in some of those brazilian parts and seems like the quality is not up to American acceptable standards,neither are prices and shipping costs.
    I guess i'll buy some of that stuff myself,reproduce here in the US and then advertise here and maybe on Ebay.
    Thank you.

8. Fish OutOfWater

Fish OutOfWater Brian

Vehicle:
    72 Maverick Grabber, 71 Plymouth 'cuda440-6
    Wow, its been almost four years since you posted last. And I thought I was busy!

9. MaverickConnect

MaverickConnect The Maverick Connection

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber, & 1971 SuperGrabber
    Yeah, good luck with THAT too! You'll find that it will be nearly impossible to get any parts other than fiberglass parts reproduced here in the US for any reasonable investment, and even that investment is not wise unless you just have more money than you need and want to accomplish something for the Maverick community. I have even tried to work with China and India based companies, which have MUCH more reasonable set-up fees and lower volume requirements, but even then I could not justify the investment required versus the VERY small volume I could expect to sell of any of the parts I looked into. Not to mention I wasn't keen on sending a sizable chunk of money out of the country in hopes I'd get what I was contracting for. And using more established foreign suppliers is almost out of the question due to volume requirements. It's just not smart business to invest $25,000 for a run of parts where it will take five years of sales to break even and start realizing a little profit. But good luck!

10. Shaun MAVMOD

Shaun MAVMOD Member

Vehicle:
    2 door 1970 Maverick
    The lack of reproduction and aftermarket parts available for the maverick and comet really does suck. Its understandable that anyone investing alot of money in getting parts made expects to make a profit. I blame Ford. They abandoned the Maverick's muscle car potential in favor of using it as a sporty grocery getter to compete with imports. Unfortunaly because of that marketing direction, in north america most people can't justify spending any real money restoring or cutomizing a maverick or comet. As a result there isn't the demand on the industry to supply those reproduction, aftermarket parts and accessories for these cars. Had ford continued to develope the maverick's potential I think it be a very different story.

I have a maverick because I think there cool and I didn't want the same car as so many others. Sure mustangs are great cars but they are a dime a dozen. I admit to being opinionated and in my opinion there are models of mustangs not aesthetically worthy of the name.

What would have happend had they put a 290hp boss 302 in a maverick with a 4speed. as some of you may know Ford Canada in 1970 built a boss 302 maverick with a shaker hood called the colt. I wouldn't have called it a colt. It sounds wimpy. Unfortunatly it was only a test car.

I'm sure there are a few reasons ford never sold Mavericks like that, but one reason is simple the maverick would have had a better power to weight ratio then the mustang making them faster and more nimble. A boss 302 Mustang is 3415 lbs.VS 2900 lbs for the boss 302 maverick colt 515 lbs less. Thats a significant difference which would have likely hurt mustang sales. Ford couldn't have the maverick be the faster car and would have had to spend money to up the mustangs power aswell. Sorry I went on a bit of a rant. Oh Well! (y)

11. maverick75

maverick75 Gotta Love Mavs!

Vehicle:
    The mav is gone but i'm still here!
    Ford never made the Maverick as a muscle car, it was made to compete with VWs and Japanese imports. Not camaros or cudas.

The reason theres no profit to be made is because 90% of maverick owners are cheap asses(me included)

Just look at the parts that maverickman makes, theres so many people that complain about their price. His hoods are more than reasonably priced.

But read the stupid comments he gets about his hoods, they piss me off because people make it out to sound like he's just trying to make a buck off us when in reality he's spent thousands(out of his own pocket) in just developing these parts.

The G8 guys never complain about his prices, it's kinda sad when they show him more support than us maverick guys.

12. MaverickConnect

Vehicle:
    You're exactly right! And remember, for 71 to 73, the Mustang was an even bigger and less attractive behemoth. I don't see how anyone would prefer the 71-73 Mustang over a Maverick looks-wise. So imagine if the Maverick had been equipped with a 4-barrel, dual exhausts, a 4-speed, and optional gearing! The Maverick would have run circles around the Mustangs of those years. And lets not even mention what would have happened putting a 429, 428, 390, Boss 351, 351C, 351W, or Boss 302 in the Maverick! Why would anyone have bought a Mustang?? And that's exactly why Ford didn't release any of those things. Most literature of the time claims that Ford didn't put the 4-barrel, 4-speed, or duals on the Maverick due to insurance reasons. While I'm sure that was a factor, I feel quite certain it was as you say, because the Maverick would have had better performance than its flagship performance car.

13. MaverickConnect

Vehicle:
    People have, and do, say the same about me and my past efforts to sell parts, both new and used. People need to wake up and realize that a profit MUST be made to make any endeavor worthwhile. If a Maverick enthusiast wants to give away or sell an extra part for a very low price to help out a fellow Mavericker, that's great, but if you try to gather LOTS of parts, take the time to strip down parts cars, store them, etc, then you have to have money to compensate you for your time. You have to have money to pay for facilities to store the parts, and for the tools and equipment required to move and strip the parts cars. You have expense to take the parts to swap meets - gas, lodging, food, and entry fees. You have to pay for ads in various publications, or now, selling and credit card fes on eBay. When you sell enough to have a business, you have license fees and taxes. And you have to make money to have money to re-invest in more parts, many of which sit around for months or even years before selling and realizing any profit at all.

For those that have been into Mavericks for the last 10 to 20-plus years, they should know that several suppliers have tried to make it dealing in Maverick parts. Where are they now? They didn't have the support from the Maverick community they needed to make it. It takes the SUPPORT of ALL (or at least a substantial number of) Maverick owners to get anything done. That's what other marques have that the Maverick has notoriously lacked. There are thousands of members on this Forum, but only 40 or so show up at the national Maverick show, an event that should be on EVERY Maverick person's calendar every year! When parts ARE reproduced, very few owners step up to buy them, and many complain the prices are too high and that the seller is just gouging. Ha! People used to say that when I used to sell NOS hood moldings for $65 each! Now they sell for around $200 on eBay! Guess I wasn't gouging after all! I'd kill to buy a dozen of them at $65 each now! NOS front and rear valance panels for $150 each would be a steal today! I was NEVER gouging. I was just among the first to recognize a market for Maverick parts, however small, and to recognize which parts were rare and hard-to-find. And I priced the parts I gathered accordingly - to make enough profit to cover my expenses, buy more parts, and make enough of a profit to buy some parts for my own car(s). That's it. I made just enough to pay for some of the parts I used on my own Mavericks. But I was gouging too. Ha! It's laughable.

Now that I have another occupation that takes up the vast majority of my time, I no longer devote as much time to Maverick parts as I once did. But I would love nothing more than to see more parts be reproduced for our cars. I'm always on the lookout for opportunities to do so. And maybe someday we'll see the Maverick get the parts availability it deserves. I know I'll never give up that hope... But like maverick75 said, there has to be more SUPPORT from everyone, and when it comes to reproduction parts, support means one thing - MONEY... So SUPPORT the Maverick and Comet!!

14. Peter421sd

Peter421sd Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Cougar XR7,1974 Lincoln Mark IV,Maverick is next on the list
    Parts

-Well guys,i know all that,by the way the most sought after parts in Brazil back in the day was the tach,the grabber hood and the console,what you guys think woul'd be the ones here in the US ?

15. JRIowa

JRIowa Member

Vehicle:
    1975 Maverick Grabber 302, 2-1940 Ford Sedans, 2004 F-150, Lincoln MKZ
    I just returned from Brazil. My wife is Brazilian and we spend our vacations there. I never thought of looking for Maverick parts while I'm there. They are still a popular vehicle with the older Brazilian "hot rodders". I'll try and get on some of the Brazilian sites and see what I can find. Shipping is the killer, but it's better coming this way than into Brazil.

Two years ago, I went to look at an early 70s vintage with my brother-in-law. Somebody had put a V-6 in it. That car had more bondo on it that you can imagine. From a distance it looked nice. The closer you got, the worse it was.
    JR