Bucket seats

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by 72Grabber331, Jan 20, 2022.

1. FL_Dave

FL_Dave Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick
    Hey guys, looking for some help finding some compatible bucket seats for my 77. The seats in it now are aftermarket and very uncomfortable because they are the racing style (narrow). I am really trying to find original 1975-77 bucket seats from a Maverick or Comet. I don't care about the condition or color of the upholstery necessarily because I can have them re-done, but my understanding is that these years have a different tracks and frames because of the catalytic converter hump.

I would also like to know if there are any other compatible seats, for example out of a Pinto or Mustang II of the same years? If so that will expand my search. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Shorty

Shorty Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '72 Maverick, 347 c.i., w/ dual quads, TKO 600 5-speed transmission, back halved w/ 4-link, '16 F150, 5.0 Coyotte, regular cab, shortbed, lowered 3/5 & 1-owner '79 Trans Am.
    I had seats from an '89 Mustang GT in my car utilizing brackets & sliders from Summit Racing, some 1" square steel tubing risers and grade 8 bolts. They were quite comfortable.

Bruce IMG_5283.JPG Summit SUM-G1151-14.jpg Summit SUM-G1153.jpg