Buying help

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Morty85, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    Hello maverick pros. I'm new to this forum and from Norway. Can you guys give me a pin point on pricing on the mavericks? I have found one online in USA. Seller states it's a rust free never touched Arizona car which runs and drives. 72 grabber to be precise. He's asking 4500usd which I find extremely cheap if it's a rust free original car?

2. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    Hello from the U.S.A. If the car is truly rust free and in good condition then the asking price is extremely cheap. It is really hard to give a person a value on sales of these cars but an estimate based on sales over the last year or so is in the area of $8,000 to $15,000 on an early Grabber , 71-72 is the most desirable of all the years demanding the most money.

There is nothing wrong with a Grabber clone or just a plain Maverick that you could make the way you want it the only drawback there is shipping cost to you being so expensive.

Good luck with your search and if you find a car that you like and need somebody to inspect the car please feel free to ask as most people here would give you an honest description of car. Be prepared to find a shipper and set things up as most people would not have a clue as to how to ship a car overseas

3. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    Thank you very much, the shipping is actually the easiest part for me. The problem is that he claims he is now working offshore and has delivered the car to this company: http://advance-ship.com/index.php which I have never hurd of. I have sent them an email and got this response:
    **Sellers name**is registered with us as the seller of a 1972 Ford Maverick with a clear title in his name. The vehicle is located in our warehouse from Seattle WA, crated and ready to be delivered. The complete sale price including the shipping is US $4,500.00.

The vehicle has passed the inspection and now is inside a 20ft dedicated container sealed and ready to be shipped.

VEHICLE INSPECTION REPORT - SUMMARY
    This vehicle passes Advance's inspection. An owner's manual and spare key are included.
    Encumbrance status - No encumbrance reported.
    Written off status - No written off incidents reported.
    Odometer reading - No odometer rollback reported.
    Stolen status - No record of vehicle as stolen.
    Cosmetic Condition - No flaws above normal wear were found.

The next step you should make in order to start the transaction is to visit our registration webpage: http://advance-ship.com/register.php and complete the form below with your delivery details. Then make sure to forward your username to the seller because he must start the transaction with us and once everything is ready, we will contact you with all the details about payment and delivery.

After your payment is secured in one of our protection account, we are authorized to start the shipping procedures.
    If, by any chance, you reject the vehicle and request a refund, this will be issued to you within 3 business days and the vehicle will be returned back from where it came from. All the fees will be paid upfront and will be credited to the sender of the shipment.

Our escrow program assures third-party protection for your goods and money over an Internet-based transaction. It works by securing the payment until the buyer receives, inspects and agrees the condition of the vehicle. The inspection period for such transactions is 1 to 10 days, depending on the agreement of the parties. In your case, the seller has signed for a "3 days inspection period", meaning that you will have 3 days to inspect the vehicle, take it to a workshop and do all the necessary checks (EG visual and mechanical condition, paperwork).
    The steps that the seller and the buyer have to proceed are detailed on our How It Works webpage.

We hope this helps with your planning and please do let us know if you would like any further details.

Warm regards,
    Nina Paulsen

4. yellow75

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    Run as fast as you can away from any dealings with this car . This is a well known scam so just delete every thing and forget all about it. Usually if it sounds too good to be true then it isnt true.

Glad you did not fall into this trap

5. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
  6. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    It's should say: the ad. I hate the auto correct features haha

7. yellow75

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    It would be fun to mess with them and tell them you have someone coming to look at the car in person and see what their reply to that would be. Interesting that it is listed in a site like that usually they are listed on Craigslist.

I remember seeing that car for sale someplace else with a low price as well

8. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    Was actually thinking about it. I just don't like wasting time...even tho he clearly wasted mine. Well I've still set on a maverick or a comet. Weird but cool little classics that I figure will be fun to drive with a little hp. As a Norwegian they are very rare here and hard to come by. And the ones for sale are usually rust buckets because they are not popular (not cared for). Why I really don't know but maybe because it's not a ht or convertible, because we have an extreme amount of American classics in Norway that are extremely clean or mint. But a impala/chevelle/belair/charger/cuda etc is a dime a dusin. I want something that nobody else have

9. yellow75

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    I think you want one for the same reason many of us do or did want one or two or more

10. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    Indeed, problem is I think most honest people are hesitant to deal with foreigners when we can not meet face to face

11. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    The fact that SHIPPING is included for that price just screams: SCAM.

Glad you caught it before it was too late.

12. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    I'm glad I joined and asked you guys

71gold likes this.
  13. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    :Welcome:...:Handshake:

14. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    Thank you

15. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    Dear Mr. Roy Morten Rydén,

Thank you for your inquire, we appreciate and acknowledge your interest in our services.

Below is the breakdown of the escrow, transporting, and shipping of the vehicle from Seattle, Wa, USA up to Port of Gothenburg, Sweden:

- Shipping: $1,350 (Container service from Seattle, Wa to Port of Gothenburg, Sweden)

INCLUDED:

- Receiving, loading, block & brace at terminal
    - US Customs clearance and export documentation
    - Container drayage and U.S. port fees
    - Ocean freight from U.S. port up to destination port
    - Insurance (up to US $25,000.00)

EXCLUDED:

- Import customs clearance and port handling charges and fees after arrival at destination port
    - Import taxes and duties, if any apply

Unfortunately, we cannot arrange pre-inspection because in Seattle, WA is only a transit warehouse without any packing, cleaning or sealing materials. The vehicle has passed the inspection and now is inside a 20ft dedicated container sealed and ready to be shipped. There is nobody there to deal with the transaction.

VEHICLE INSPECTION REPORT - SUMMARY
    This vehicle passes Advance's inspection. An owner's manual and spare key are included.
    Encumbrance status - No encumbrance reported.
    Written off status - No written off incidents reported.
    Odometer reading - No odometer rollback reported.
    Stolen status - No record of vehicle as stolen.
    Cosmetic Condition - No flaws above normal wear were found.

Your vehicle will be moved using a specialty shipping system designed and tested to protect against damage and wear.

We hope this helps with your planning and please do let us know if you would like any further details.

Warm regards,
    Nina Paulsen

Had to pull it just a little bit to see the reply so I said I had family in Seattle and asked if they could inspect the car and where. Haha

BBMS18 likes this.