Buying help

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Morty85, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    Then I asked for the vin at least... Got this reply:
    Dear Mr. Roy Morten Rydén,

Mr. Robert Selous Cartwright vehicle:

1972 Ford Maverick
    VIN: 2K93F136888

We hope this helps with your planning and please do let us know if you would like any further details.

Warm regards,
    Nina Paulsen

Can any of you decode it? Nevermind found out thru this great forum. Vin number seems legit from what I can figure out

2. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    They sure make every thing sound like it is the real deal but they have had years to get it to a perfection as being legit. Hard to say how many people they have duped into this scam . In the end game they get your money and you have no way to get it back and no way that you can ever find out who is behind the scam

Car Scams
    The advent of online car buying has popularized the use of escrow accounts to hold funds until a vehicle is delivered to its new owner, and it has given rise to a new form of car selling scam associated with the practice: the fake escrow account scam.

The most common way to lure used car buyers into this car selling scam is to advertise a car for sale on an online classifieds website, usually a model that is highly desirable. The advertised price is low, typically too good to be true. The seller may claim hardship, may claim to be located abroad, and may even offer to pay shipping fees to strike a deal. In some cases scam artists have gone so far as to duplicate the logo and website design of a legitimate car dealer and advertise irresistible prices.

If a price seems too good to be true, it probably is. And if you are asked to deposit funds into an escrow account not of your own choosing, or to wire transfer a deposit to secure a deal, turn and walk away. Unless the seller agrees to use an established and thoroughly verified online escrow service approved by both parties, this car selling scam could lighten your bank account by thousands of dollars.

Sound familiar

3. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    It really does sound familiar haha. Well if you guys are interested I will keep you updated since I told them I wanted my "family" to visit their storage facility to look at their containers and meet with someone from advance shipping just to ease my mind :rofl: I guess I will try to look for a car thru forums etc. I have even joined the maverick forum on Facebook.

4. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    You will find what you are looking for it just may take some time to do it, several people from other countries are on this site and have had cars shipped to them.

5. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    That puts my mind at ease. There sure are alot of them in the USA and Brazil. Problem is there are few to none elsewhere it seems

6. William623

William623 Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1973 ford maverick grabber
  7. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    That my friend is without doubt a beautiful car, but I would not want to ruin such a original car. The price also must be spot on. I'm searching for a V8 model since I want a somewhat sleeper car. So if any of you come across a V8 maverick/comet 69 to 74 with little/no rust it would be much appreciated with a link. I rather do paint mechanical work than rust repairs since they are rare in Norway so body parts are hard to come by. Nevermind saw it had the "big" 6syl. Sent him a pm( I think it's a pm) it said start conversation

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    William623 likes this.
  8. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    Well I'm back to the drawing board again. The DMV or rather the government issued a rule in 2010 that regulates that cars prior to 1972 can not be altered to a larger engine due to exhaust regulations. This means I must get an original V8 car or a 69-72. Or I can do a V8 swap. Go green :coco:

9. Morty85

Morty85 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mav
    Happy 4th of July all Americans:dancingpa:

rwbrooks50 likes this.