Coming at you from Roseburg,Or

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Datsunrides, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Datsunrides

Datsunrides Member

Vehicle:
    A lot
    Hello all. Newbie to Mavericks, but not cars in general. In my earlier years I was (and kinda still am) a mopar guy. Around the 2000’s, like many, I started to get priced out of the muscle car game. Datsun and Toyotas were still dirt cheap at that point so I transitioned into those, along with the Dodge Colts. Still into restoring these import cars, but as with the musclecars, some of the Datsun and Toyota models are fetching big money. Pretty much messing with the Colts and whatever oddball catches my eye. Anyways, wife has always wanted a Maverick and I always pushed it off as I am not a Ford fan, probably because my first car was a Pinto and it scarred me for life. So I was perusing FB as usual and this Maverick shows up and while just a roller, it looked straight, seemed to have very little rust, and OMG had a title. Around here it seems these are either way overpriced (and usually rust buckets) or do not have titles. Went to check it out and it was much better than I expected so threw the guy an offer, exchanged cash, and loaded it up. Wife now has her Maverick and I get a somewhat restoration project. It’s nothing special as it’s a 2k91t car, originally white with a blue interior. Most likely going restomod direction, but who knows at this point. Anyways look forward to getting a lot of assistance from the knowledge base here, just as I have shared my expertise on other cars in other places.

2. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
  3. TeeEl

TeeEl Member

Vehicle:
    '73 Ford Maverick Resto-Mod
    'Sounds like a great project...
    :Welcome:

4. bmcdaniel