Crazy bumper price

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by predfan2001, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    I don't think too many of us are in this to sell our cars.

2. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber

maybe so but there are...18,537 members on here that have bought cars...that makes that many have been sold...:huh:
    I myself have bought and sold 6-7...:thumbs2:

3. darren

darren Member

Vehicle:
    72 302 Maverick

Good for you. Like I said earlier he has some real nice items. I watch his stuff a lot.

4. predfan2001

predfan2001 David in Tn

Vehicle:
    70 Mav 75 Comet 64 Comet 68 Mustang
    I still think the only Mavericks that "might" become collectors items will be Sprints, Stallions and Grabbers. For now the most money will come from Mavericks that have had a ton of money poured into them and still most likely get sold for a loss. Example:

1970barzilianmaverickconversion4.jpg

Like Boyer said...we don't get into Mavericks for the money.....just the love of the cars.

5. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.

Are we talking REAL ones or cloned ones? :D

6. predfan2001

predfan2001 David in Tn

Vehicle:
    Nah they're called "tribute" cars. lmao

7. socalcomet

socalcomet Member

Vehicle:
    1974 Comet
    He's a good guy. I met him personally once when I picked up some part I bought.

8. Sam M.

Sam M. Just a nobody

Vehicle:
    1972 Black Comet EFI 2-Door, 1975 Blue Maverick factory 302 4-Door
    I suppose I'll catch some flack for this, but that's nothing new...

I would prefer the value of Mavericks and Comets in general to remain low. As Dave said, most Maverick/Comet owners aren't in this for the money. We own these cars because we enjoy them.

I have a Maverick and Comet because they are (have been) an affordable alternative to the other more popular cars that everyone else has. I can have the same fun as those Mustang guys for a fraction of the price. I hope they remain obscure so they will continue to be affordable.

As Frank said, it's only worth what you can sell it for. As with many old car restorations, you'd be hard pressed to recoup every dollar you put into a project, unless it's some high-profile collector car. It is unlikely that a Maverick will ever see that kind of popularity and that's a good thing for those of us who want to be able to enjoy an affordable, fun car.

If you're in the hobby because you want to have a popular car that fetches high prices, go buy a Mustang, Camaro, or Chevelle.

As far as chrome bumpers are concerned, they have always been over-priced for what you get.

9. Jsarnold

Jsarnold Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '72 Sprint
    :yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

10. Dave B

Dave B I like Mavericks!

Vehicle:
    3 Grabbers
    It all depends on what you are looking for in your car, and where you live plays another factor in it too.
    Some people are more than happy fixing up their car on the cheap, some people do an awesome job, some people don't....No offense to anyone, I admire the guys that can take the time, find the parts for good prices, re do them and bolt them on. Myself, I fix stuff everyday, so I'm happy to buy exactly what I want, and run with it.
    Buying a Maverick or Comet is less expensive than buying a comparable Mustang, but...buying Maverick & Comet parts can be quiet a bit more expensive than the comparable Mustang parts, and will never get to the same level of aftermarket support. We've missed the boat, whats done is done.
    Around here, we have some pretty top notch cars. We don't have old cars coming out of the woods anymore, so when someone gets one, they usually go all out.
    Contrary to popular belief, when I go to a cruise night or a show, I park my car and walk away, I don't tell people how good my car is or how much I know about them, I'm not in it for that, I'm more interested in the other cars. I like Mavericks, really really like them, that's why I do it, I'm not worried about investment value, my wife can deal with the mess when I'm dead. :D

11. predfan2001

predfan2001 David in Tn

Vehicle:
    Good old cars are hard to come by here in the bottom of the rust belt. Then the few we had got crushed when scrap prices jumped. I'm glad I kept the cars I had in the 80s...I'd never be able to buy them now. Can you believe none of these has over 50,000 miles? (y)

[​IMG]

and here's the one that got away

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011