Cruizin to Colby 2012

Discussion in 'Other Maverick and Comet Clubs and Events' started by yellow75, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Grabber71

Grabber71 Milique Toast

Vehicle:
    '71 Grabber Maverick 351w
    Just uploaded some pics...check them out at: http://s370.photobucket.com/albums/oo145/grabber71/Colby 2012/
    I was sorta hanging back trying to get pics without a 1000 people in them and so I didn't hear all the details...so if you know some thing about the pic..let me know and I will update them! I have a few other albums on photobucket...have a look! Even though we didn't have as many cars attend as past year..this was, without a doubt, the best Colby Cruz yet...and it is all thanks to Jim Greens tour...what an absolutely incredible place! Very very impressive! Meet up at Dennys was awesome as usual...as was the cruz itself...no over heating! :)! The best part of the cruz was the rumours floating around that someone thought they saw Coops Comet...then there he was! Glad you came to say bye Coop...you will be missed for sure! After the cruz a few of us headed to the Golden Corral...we need one of these in Canada! The show on Monday was super...tons of awesome people in Washington! Danny Vernon the Elvis impersonator is an experience not to be missed! We go every year to this event partly to just watch and listen to this incredible individual! What an amazing talent he has..highly recommended! During the awards presentation both Michael(Yellow Shelby Maverick clone) and myself received awards! Pretty good considering all the great cars out there! After the show some of us headed back to Dennys for a group pic(which I don't have but would appreciate someone sending me a copy) I picked up my new parts from Ray(courier11sec on here!)...even tied the fiberglass grabber hood to my roof...got some pretty funny looks at the border but he let me through! I have tons of memories of the weekend...what do you remember? This year will be hard to beat...but we will try:burnout:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  2. Shaun MAVMOD

Shaun MAVMOD Member

Vehicle:
    2 door 1970 Maverick
    Thanks for posting the pic's Cliff. It was a fun trip.

Shaun

3. icyblue

icyblue New Member

Vehicle:
    You should have given us your camera and we could have taken one for you! Anyway no big deal I've got one and so does my Mom :)

4. doncraft

doncraft Member

Vehicle:
    1970 maverick 68 Ranchero
    Motor To High

Thanks for the pic's Cliff. Mike (Yellow 75) see I'm not crazy (at least not about this) lol. Do you think the one on the right might make my motor set a little high? Now to find one's to fit, the first one's from Auto Zone did't fit, will try NAPA next.

Attached Files:

5. yellow75

yellow75 MCCI Oregon State Rep Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick 1976 Maverick Stallion 2007 Shelby GT 500 2019 Ford F150 FX4 2023 Bronco
    Don, I just weht out and looked at a couple different sets of motor mounts that came from v8 Mavs or Comets and both have Ford part numbers on them. One set is from a 76 and it is 2.75" to the center hole, the other is from a 75 and it is 2.25" from center hole, these were measured with the ears that bolt up to the engine laying on a flat surface.

The ones from the 75 are the ones I am more familiar with as the have a bolt that goes through the center of the rubber pad, they are also the shorter ones. If you have any issues getting the mounts I will send you my short set, they are used but in good condition :Handshake

Mike

6. grabberguy16

grabberguy16 Member

Vehicle:
    72' 2dr Maverick,70' 2dr Maverick
    Hey everyone it's good to see everyone got home safely(even me). On our way back to Canada I started to have a little turn big oil leak. I made it home barely big old blue clouds coming on the back of my car and about 2 liters of oil later now it's sitting in my storage/shop awaiting repairs. Well here comes the good news it's not getting that wimpy 2 barrel carb and intake back on her it's get a 4 barrel intake topped with a 600 cfm quick fuel slayer carb and the pertronix system.

7. doncraft

doncraft Member

Vehicle:
    1970 maverick 68 Ranchero
    Hi Mike
    Thanks for the offer, my son has a account at NAPA and I get a pretty good discount (don't know why I want to Auto Zone in the first place) anyway I got the good ones at NAPA for less than I payed at Auto Zone. Anyway thanks again.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  8. Matterick

Matterick Matt Somerville

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick 302, 1971 Maverick
    ........ :thumbs2: .........

9. grabberguy16

grabberguy16 Member

Vehicle:
    Yup alittle more then I wanted to spend when I just got back but it should be nice tomorrow

10. Streetdeacon

Streetdeacon Streetdeacon

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2dr.
    Great pictures. thanks for sharing. In spite of a couple of light showers it was a nice show.

11. Shaun MAVMOD

Shaun MAVMOD Member

Vehicle:
    2 door 1970 Maverick

That sounds great! lets us know what kind of improvment you get.

12. Comet155

Comet155 Member

Attached Files:

13. grabberguy16

grabberguy16 Member

Vehicle:
  14. Comet155

Comet155 Member

Cool!

I like the looks of the Quick Fuel pot.

15. grabberguy16