Cruzin to Colby 2010

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Grabber71, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Centerline

Centerline Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Ford Maverick Grabber
    A lot of pretty cars there.
    Here are some pics from the "cruise" phase.
    I wasn't cruising, so I had a free hand to take some pics. Anyone who wants a higher-res shot let me know. Also I have other pics but not too many that are super; just PM me if you want them. I'll be out for the next few days so plz be patient on a response.

And Bev, congrats on the award! That's super, especially considering the quality of the competition (excluding Mater, of course)!
    2010-05-31-colby-cruise-115_original.jpg 2010-05-31-colby-cruise-121_original.jpg 2010-05-31-colby-cruise-124_original.jpg 2010-05-31-colby-cruise-100_original.jpg 2010-05-31-colby-cruise-096_original.jpg 2010-05-31-colby-cruise-092_original.jpg 2010-05-31-colby-cruise-089_original.jpg 2010-05-31-colby-cruise-091_original.jpg 2010-05-31-colby-cruise-080_original.jpg 2010-05-31-colby-cruise-088_original.jpg

2. Grabber71

Grabber71 Milique Toast

Vehicle:
    '71 Grabber Maverick 351w
    Had a super time! I don't have many pics but I will attach what I have! The ride down was....wet! If you wanted rain..then you were in the right place! But even with the promise of rain and more rain no one from Canada backed out of making the trek...and we had fun doing it! The first pic is of Ryan leading us(Sheri was driving Micheal's car(black one)) on our run to the border. When I finally got to see the border guard he went though the usual questions then said I could go...at which time the car decided to not start! With sweat(maybe it was rain) running off me and the guard giving me funny looks...it finally fired and off we went to meet up with everyone else at the Bellis Fair Mall. When we got to the mall Micheal's car refused to die..just kept running with the ignition off and the key out! I pulled the wire off the solenoid and it stopped..never to give us any problems for the remainder of the trip! Second pic is at the Bellis Fair Mall where we met and had a nice dinner. Lots of people came over to look and inquire what kind of cars these were...interestingly a few thought they were Mustang ll's! When we arrived at the Hotel in Everett..we had a great welcoming committee! We met Bob(streetdeacon) and had a good chat! We all have the best time and hope to do it all better next year(with no rain) It was the Highlight of the event when Bev was called up for her award(well deserved too!) Great people, great event, great time!:thumbs2: We didn't do a group pic...kinda slipped our mind I guess...next year...

Attached Files:

3. Streetdeacon

Streetdeacon Streetdeacon

Vehicle:
    1977 Maverick 2dr.
    Lots of great pictures everyone. Hey coop, I got the traction bars adjusted better and the vinyl top painted today. The top turned out great. The next show is saturday in Mt Vernon, at the college there. :drive::dance: btw, the toip is now black.(y)

4. Mercurycruizers

Mercurycruizers David (Coop) Cooper

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO Comet GT Daily driver: 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL
    Glad you got the traction bars adjusted. Can't wait to see the top black. If I didn't have to work this Saturday, I'd do a road trip north...