Dash Cap ... before and after ...

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by dmhines, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    $35? Sounds great! Count me in. (y)

2. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    $35 shipped via Fedex for 1 cap ... that is total BS ....

I would take another one for $35 ...

3. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    I'd buy 2 for that price.

4. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    The free shipping is to one location for all caps ... correct? That means the central person would need to rebox all of them and ship them out for additional $$$ ...

I think the MCCI should buy them and distribute them at the Round-UP ... :)

5. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    I think that's a great idea...we could all pay up in advance.(y)

6. 1972Grabber

1972Grabber Always Broke

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber
    dmhines - that is correct, they would all have to be sent to one location and then reboxed and shipped to whomever wanted one (or more)

don - looks like rayzor wants 2, I want 1 , Jamie wants 1, dmhines wants 1 - so far thats 5 total.

Lets all remember that the $35 would just be a good price for the cap. On top of the $35 you would have to pay shipping to get it to your house and your Maverick/Comet.

All in all it would probably end up being about $50 per cap shipped. As on ebay, the more stuff in one box that you can send, the better the shipping cost per item. I am not believing that it costs $32 to send just one cap either. :bs: That is why I posted (in the blind) that the cap would PROBABLY be $50 per cap shipped. I have a cap right here at my desk that I found in a boneyard the other day. I may just have to go to the post office and check with UPS and see how much they would charge to send it to CA from VA. :yikes:

7. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    I vote let Wayne help with it. That way I can just go pick it up and avoid shipping costs. I could pick Dan's up to.

Of course it may cheaper to pay shipping if gas prices keeps going this way. :rolleyes:

8. rayzorsharp

Vehicle:
    And as light as they are, it would probably not be any more expensive to ship 2 because they should fit together like a glove and ship as one. For you guys that have more than one car, you need to think about that. I also like Dans idea of putting one of a good original dash since they don't have to be glued. For a very cheap price, you can protect that original dash pad from the sun. That's my reason for getting 2 and I may even up it to 3. Think about it guys, let's get this order together.

9. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    if i can get them for $35 each, i'd take 2. now, next question. would they be able to be brought to the roundup and not have any shipping?:huh:

10. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer, who is now in the galaxies)
    Why are all the good deals so far away?:cry:

Where would one find a new pad anyway?
    WooHoo! #200 for me!.......:drink: :dance:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  11. PINKY

PINKY .....John Ford.....

Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick
    I would be more than glad to take care of this.....
    would not put that money up front though. :) To many project/pocket draining things going on now :cool:
    But I could definitely bring as many as needed to Round-up.....and would have no problem collecting the money and what not.
    any thoughts?

12. CornedBeef4.6L

CornedBeef4.6L no longer here

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    I take one!!!!

13. ronr11

ronr11 Member

Vehicle:
    71 maverick
    the shipping was not that bad most of them was about 6-7 dollars, boxed they weight about 4.2 pds and can be shipped by PO, but it takes about a roll of tape and 1/2 hr to box

14. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    my only thoughts are can we get 37 of them to make the free shipping? if we only get , say 20, what will the shipping be? if there in the $35-$40 range i'll take 2 of them. just let me know how much and who to semd the money to. i also don't have a problem with throwing in a couple of bucks for the taping,etc. expenses. i think if we can get a bunch of them to be given out at the roundup it would make it a lot easier on whoever is sending them. (paid in advance of course).:)

15. 1972Grabber

1972Grabber Always Broke

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber
    So far these are the totals as far as I can tell:

Looks like rayzor 2 (maybe 3), I want 1 , Jamie 1, dmhines 1, don 2, Mavowar 1 - so far thats 8 total (possibly 9). All of that from only 6 members. Not bad, we are already (almost) a 4th of the way there. (y)

Sounds like the interest is here and we all know that there is a need for them if you want your dash to look halfway decent. Unless of course there are people on this site that can afford Ebays ridiculous prices for a dash pad. :rofl2:

Of course payment in advance of the $35 would be required BEFORE the order was made from Accu Form and payment sent to whomever is going to take this on. I will continue to be the liaison with Accu Form to the point of ordering and shipping these.

MAVERICK 5946 Anted up and said that he would be more than glad to take care of this.....

STEFAN ,
    IS THERE ANY WAY WE CAN SEND OUT A MASS EMAIL TO THE PEOPLE ON THE BOARD AND SEE IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS GREAT DEAL? wE MIGHT JUST GET OVER 40 ORDERS FOR DASH PADS. I do not think just posting it on the board would be sufficient enough to meet the 37 minimum order.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006