Desert Mavericks.......Sand Box

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Tech & Talk' started by Ryan, Jun 1, 2011.

1. MNTony

MNTony aka Godzirra

Vehicle:
    72 Turbo FI Maverick, 2006 GMC Sierra Duramax 4x4, 2014 Ford Mustang GT 4spd
    Welcome Mike! Sounds like your Maverick is in a constant state of disassembly. You'll fit right in here with us Arizona guys! I'm out in Surprise myself. I'm a constant modifier myself. I'm currently putting in a new headliner, lexan windows, Aerospace brakes all the way around. Before that I was in the process of putting in electronic fuel injection. Don't be shy and feel free to drop us a line if we can help out with anything! Us AZ Maverick/Comet folks stick together pretty well.

2. Mikes70Mav

Mikes70Mav Member

Vehicle:
    1970 2 dr coupe
    Thanks for the welcome. Sounds like I'll fit in ok. I guess I'm the grandpa of the group. Glad to finally be meeting some other AZ Mav. owners. They are rare items on the street today. But when buffed up and clean, they are some of the best looking autos around as far as I'm concerned. If I can find them, I'll post some early days pics from the '70's. I was just out of the Marine Corp back then. Looking forward to a face to face with the group, although I don't think I'll be driving my Mav. any time soon. How things change. I just spent 5 1/2 times more moola on that IRS than I paid for the car new. Gotta love it. Well, I'll jump in there occasionally. Thanks again for the welcome.
    Mike

3. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    73 Maverick, 70 F-100, 68 F-100, 02 Crown Vicoria
    Wow Mike, sounds like an awesome build. See if you can figure out how to post some pics of it, Might need the grand kids to help ya. lol.

4. Mikes70Mav

Mikes70Mav Member

Vehicle:
    1970 2 dr coupe
    Ok, so that's how it is. Sad, but probably true! I've got pictures going back to the 70's, just have to find them. Is there a limit to the number of albums or photos that can be added?
    I was looking at your vehicle photos. Some nice rides. I behave very well, perhaps you would consider adopting me so I can drive some of them. LOL.

5. Static

Static Member

Vehicle:
    1975 Maverick 2 Door
    Welcome to the board Mike. Sounds like a fun project. Ive got a small portable garage swamp cooler I would sell ya. Reconditioned about a year ago. Otherwise I could install a/c into the garage.

6. Mikes70Mav

Mikes70Mav Member

Vehicle:
    1970 2 dr coupe
    Howdy Static, Thanks for the welcome. I guess I may have spooked Ryan. Haven't heard anything back about my adoption. I'll survive the heat, but thanks for the cool offers. LOL. Regards, Mike

Static likes this.
  7. DavidsGaragePHX

DavidsGaragePHX Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Comet
    Hello fellas! Proud owner of a 73 Comet as of today. Needs a bunch of TLC but the bones are good. Trying to finish up a 70 Bronco that has taken me forever but Im anxious to get started on the Comet now too. The car has a Grabber hood and I assume its also a Maverick grill, straight body, no rust, nothing more than a couple small dings (paint is shot) and absolutely no interior other than a cracked dash and a steering wheel. I belong to Bronco, Powerstroke and Cummins forums and excited to meet a bunch of new people in this forum. I will take some pictures soon and post them up to see if you guys can identify what the hood and grill might be from.

Static likes this.
  8. Mikes70Mav

Mikes70Mav Member

Vehicle:
    1970 2 dr coupe
    Welcome David? The more, the merrier. Glad to have you aboard. I'm about as new as you. I joined in 2008, but didn't stay connected. Just reconnected. Hope to see some photos soon. Us desert boys have "hot" cars. Mike

DavidsGaragePHX likes this.
  9. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    Sorry Mike, my hands are full with a 6 year old already. But you can drive my car if I can drive yours, lol.

10. MNTony

MNTony aka Godzirra

Vehicle:
    Don't let Ryan con you! His batteries are usually dead on all his classics!

Static likes this.
  11. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    When does my car show up to meets on a trailer though?

I actually drove the truck to work a few days last week becuase the Lexus was down with a bad brake booster. would have drove the Maverick too, but ummmm it wouldnt start for some reason.

Static likes this.
  12. MNTony

MNTony aka Godzirra

Vehicle:
    Yeah, but I drove it off the trailer!

13. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    Im just glad we didnt have to push it back onto the trailer

14. MNTony

MNTony aka Godzirra

Vehicle:
    Yeah, like you would have helped!

15. DavidsGaragePHX

DavidsGaragePHX Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Comet
    Anyone local have a Maverick/Comet 2 door parts car they are parting out? Looking for a lot of interior parts. Not desperate at the moment but I figured if someone has parts available it never hurts to gather them when they are available. Thanks!

David / Phoenix