Desert Mavericks.......Sand Box

Discussion in 'Other Automotive Tech & Talk' started by Ryan, Jun 1, 2011.

1. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer)
    I rented my house to a couple here in Oklahoma that left belongings in a storage in California. They been trying to get it here also.. Where are you stopping in OK?

2. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer)
    Hopefuly someday it will be closer.. More centralized geographicly..

3. MNTony

MNTony aka Godzirra

Vehicle:
    72 Turbo FI Maverick, 2006 GMC Sierra Duramax 4x4, 2014 Ford Mustang GT 4spd
    Ryan, you should see how many of the parts you need for the Mustang with Adam. I'll bet he has just about everything you need.

I abandonded my garage two weeks ago due to the heat. I'm hoping to get some tinkering done in the next couple months, but like you said...not much driving or even working on the car till things cool off again. My buddy Tony raced last weekend and he must have just been nuts...WAY too hot for this cowboy!

Don, I was going to buy a spoiler off of Ward and ask you to pick it up at the Gathering...but he sold all four of them in a matter of minutes it seems like! LOL Oh well, I'll just keep looking. Anyhow, have a safe trip!

Personally I'm thinking that it's time to bug out for a vacation and maybe take in San Diego. The kid wants to see Sea World and the wife wants to see the beach again. I guess it's an AZ thing...searching out water!

4. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    73 Maverick, 70 F-100, 68 F-100, 02 Crown Vicoria
    I checked with Adam already, And am getting a clutch cable from him but he dosnt have anything else I need.

We are headed to Oceanside Ca on july 23rd for a week at the beach. My wife and and some others are going to Sea World, I saw it a couple years ago and will just stay a the beach instead. Its always a good time to get out of the heat for a week. If yo ulike to stay at or near a beach that isnt as crowded you should check out Oceanside. Alot of beach rentals right on the beach for not much more than a hotel would cost.

5. MNTony

MNTony aka Godzirra

Vehicle:
    How bazaar! We were using the dates of the 21st - 25th.

Yeah, I've seen Sea World a bunch of times as well. But the kid hasn't, and he is a senior next year. We figured that we'd give him his choice for his last vacation before graduating. I'll mention Oceanside to the wife.

6. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    Oceanside to Seaword is about 30 miles. Takes about an hour though it seems if you hit rush hour. the beach by the pier can get crowded but just head down the beach about and unload and then go park the car and come back. There is a one way road that goes right along the beach. If you zoom in on this map you ca see it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=ocean...code_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCYQ8gEwAA

Just south of the pier you see Tyson park, zoom in there and you will see La Playa properties. that where we rent a condo for the week. Been doing it for 20 years. the crowd thins out alot after going south of Tyson Park because its farther away from the parking lot and pier.

7. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    Gene, We're stopping in Enid. Just long enough to unload and head on out.:)

8. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    I went through the Members List under the Community tab at the top of the page. I searched for members with Az, arizona, or Phoenix listed in their location. I picked through and added anybody that joined and at least made a post at some point or has veiwed the board in the last few years. Well I now have 152 arizona board members in my contact list on here.

I plan on sending out notification soon about a potential Fall Maverick Meet and asking for email address so furure notification can be sent easier. If you have replied to one of my messages before with an email address please reply with it again to make sure it is added to the list.

Im hoping Stefan can do something to let me mesage more than 2 people at a time through the board. If he cant then I may be asking for volunteers to help me send out a message to these 152 people, 2 people at a time.

9. MNTony

MNTony aka Godzirra

Vehicle:
    Hmmm, let's find the most likely day that we can expect rain again and schedule it for that one!?!

10. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    We dont need to find the rain, It will find us. I think we already nominated Gene to pick the day since tony and I already proved to be rain magnets.

Hard to believe October is only 3 months away. Time to get to work on this fall meet, need to give people time to plan and to get cars back togethor.

Looks like October 2, 9, or 16 are all open for Sunday Challenge racing at Speedworld. Will need to get input from the guys on which weekend works around their scheduled racing events. But I'd bet an event like this will be worth missing an organized race for.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  11. MNTony

MNTony aka Godzirra

Vehicle:
    That's odd...my car is still in one piece. I must be falling down on the job. I'll have to take something apart, so I can scramble at the last moments to get it back together.

12. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    Speedworld says Oct. 16th is booked. So its the 2nd or 9th. Id like to do this in October. Should I just choose a day? hmmmmm, dare I?

Yep i did it. This thread will still be our BS section. the new thread will be for Maverick Meet related topics. Now tony, lets try to stay on topic here. Dont go talking about cars or whatever in a BS thread :rofl2:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  13. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    I was going to say October 2 is probably a better day for me, but I see you've already chosen the 9th. We'll just have to see. IHRA may be having a big race in Tucson that weekend. I'm not sure yet. There schedule just says TBA for the 6,7,8,9 of October. I'll try to make it if I can.:huh:

14. Ryan

Ryan Ford Addict

Vehicle:
    I knew I would choose the wrong day. I checked SIR schedule and figured TBA would mean nothig special going on. I just checked PSCA and they have an event in Vegas the 7-9th also. I'll switch to the 2nd to make you racers happy.

15. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    I'm not sure but when we talked to the IHRA officials at the beginning of the season they said they would help SIR put on a big bucks race at the end of the season in October. Not really sure if it is going to happen or not. Or on those dates. :huh: