Doing a Front Disc Break Conversion Kit On My Maverick

Discussion in 'Technical' started by A1973Maverick, Mar 15, 2024.

1. A1973Maverick

A1973Maverick Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Ford Maverick
    • So a while back my uncle decided to help me out on my project he gifted me this disk break conversion kit that I randomly picked however im stumped. I dont know how this is supposed to come together? Has anyone ever done a kit like this? I will keep you folks updated on my project since I just got around to working on it again

[​IMG]

https://autokrafters.com/front-disc...-torino-maverick-comet-mustang-cougar-ak7075/

2. A1973Maverick

A1973Maverick Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Ford Maverick
    I got a 7 3 Maverick if you couldnt tell lol. Its a basket case but im redoing the front end right now and I finally got around to getting this kit unboxed and I thought it would be a simple bolt up but I am not entirley sure.

3. dyent

dyent Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Comet 2 dr., 302 w/AR aluminum heads, Toploader 4 spd, 9" Trac-Lok w/3.70
    Welcome to the forum! You can always contact AutoKrafters and see if they can send you a copy of the instructions? Looks like the "Scarebird" kit, which uses Toyota 10" rotors/calipers, other members have used this same conversion kit. Perhaps one of them can help you out with instructions etc., it is a very good kit, having separate "hubs", so when you have to machine rotors, hub/wheel bearing stay on the spindle, makes for much easier brake job!
    David

4. A1973Maverick

A1973Maverick Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Ford Maverick
    Thank you so much for the response David! Thank god for a minute I thought I bought a completley junk kit! I will ask them for their instructions

5. dyent

dyent Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Comet 2 dr., 302 w/AR aluminum heads, Toploader 4 spd, 9" Trac-Lok w/3.70
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
    mojo likes this.
  6. A1973Maverick

A1973Maverick Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Ford Maverick
    Sweet!!! Thank you so much I am currently trying to get my control arms off and no sucsess… Its frustrating

7. Powerband

Powerband Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    ---- 1976 Comet --- 1974 Maverick- - '61 Comet T'Bolt Six ---- 'quite a few projects ...
    Scarebird is a nice conversion for most driveable' use for the price.

Here's the '61 Comet with Maverick 4 Lug Spindles and Scarebird conversion.The set in pics was originally on the light '61 Spindles and Scarebird provided a simple spacer to use set on the much beefier Maverick Spindles .
    You already have the correct fitting hubs which most find the hub mod as the hardest part of swap.
    [​IMG].[​IMG].[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG] . [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Hav fun

[​IMG]

8. A1973Maverick

A1973Maverick Member

Vehicle:
    1973 Ford Maverick
    Woah thats really neat, thank you so much for taking the time to help! I will send some pictures of the finished product!