Dropped my seats off to the upholstery shop

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by CornedBeef4.6L, Feb 14, 2006.

1. Rick Book

Rick Book Member

Vehicle:
    Missing my old '70 Maverick
    Good luck at the Roundup. I'm hoping to get there this year myself and look forward to meeting you.

Good luck with the seats. Sounds like they're gonna be nice.

2. Maverick73

Maverick73 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2 Dr, '73 Maverick LDO 4 Dr, '73 Maverick 4 Dr Parts Car
    Looking forward to pictures.

3. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    (3) 71's,two V-8's and one 200 cid
    Also I never said a thing that was "not nice" , I was just asking why you would not ask about the cost ( you must be concerned about it if you were thinking that you may be raped) Don't make a big deal out of it.

And if you want bragging rights, so be it! Let's see now I started working at Lovejoy Brake And Clutch in Buffalo New York in 1953, a complete brake job , front and rear with the drums turned on sale was $19.99, the shop was my Dad's

Suck it up, your a good man!

Tom

4. CornedBeef4.6L

CornedBeef4.6L no longer here

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    Tom,

Just havin fun buddy. :yup: I enjoy this forum because of everybody that is here. I like to have input from everybody. My bad I should have been more through in my initial response. Tom do you still brakes for 19.99 if so I could retire alot sooner by sending you the car and then charging my prices:D

5. Tom Laskowski

Tom Laskowski Member

Vehicle:
    (3) 71's,two V-8's and one 200 cid
    Peace Brother!

$19.99 will get you parking spot while waiting for a estimate on a four wheel brake job, and that's that!

6. NICK DOMINICK

NICK DOMINICK MCCI Virginia State rep.

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber 302, 1973 Maverick my first car that is under restoration, 1972 Grabber and 1976 Maverick parts cars, 2012 Mustang GT, 2001 Lightning
    Maybe 100 years!! Prices on custom work is out of control. I got an estimate of at least $500 to recover my sport steering wheel in leather. I live in a high rent district but that is still rediculous. I hope you get a good job at a reasonable price. Can't wait to see the pics!!

7. shaunh82

shaunh82 Member

Vehicle:
    71 Pinto sportsroof
    I called around to get my seats done, just in plain blue vinyl, and the only shop around me that would even touch the seats, quoted me 800 per seat, needless to say, my dad got me the kit from jc whitney, and we redid both seats for about 300, and it's really pretty nice too.

8. RabidCustoms

RabidCustoms sic minds demand sic toys

man, you guys need to shop around.... or else go out of area a ways... custom stuff isnt anywhere near those prices around here.

McFalls is one of the premier custom upolstery shops in the country (just 30 miles from me)and they dont gouge people that bad on odds and ends like a seat recover or wheel wrap...only bad part with them is you have to book about a year and more in advance to get in.

9. sierra grabber

sierra grabber Certifiable

Vehicle:
    71 grabber red and black; 74 2dr LDO comet
    I hear radmav here. i had both fronts and the rear recovered and it only cost 500. really awesome job too. maybe those of us with access to cheaper custom upholstry shops should work a deal with you guys back east.ship it out, get it covered, ship it back still cheaper than doing it near home.:huh::D

10. CornedBeef4.6L

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    I am confident this will not cost more than $1200.00 including seats, door panels and some misc work.......This guy know his chit I will post some pics of his tommorrow so you guys can see why I trust him :)

11. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    i got 2 buckets... top and bottom back seat... and 2 door panels done for $588.
    went back to the same shop a year later and dropped off ...2 door panels... shop called and told me they were ready...$250. we settled for $90 . he said i didn't get a price to start with, that is what it cost now :coco: ...frank...:bouncy:

12. T.L.

T.L. Banned

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2-door, V-8
    You should be able to get the front buckets done for $300-$400. Anymore than that and you are getting ripped off (unless you're doing them in genuine leather). Figure maybe another $200 for the rear seat...

13. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    Got mine done by a guy here in the plant that does the repair for the new cars. He did the front buckets and the rear seat for $250, plus gave me the material to do the door panels, which I want to do myself. Good deal, I think.

14. CornedBeef4.6L

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    The material I choose while not leather is expensive. It's new stuff. When he gives me the Bill I will haggle some of course.:evilsmile

15. PINKY

PINKY .....John Ford.....

Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick
    hmmm, interesting thread :yup:

just adding my :2cents: cuase I am bored at work :evilsmile
    My opinion its like the question: "How much are you willing to pay for a car?" or "whats this car worth?" its worth whatever somebody is willing to pay :)
    Radmav :162: speaks with great wisdom and knowledge :coco: and I agree with him :hmmm: :hmmm:
    Cost how living is different all over the country, so what someone might spend in one state for a certain job, might seem ridiculous to someone in another state :huh:

Reminds me of my favorite sing song:
    ...............the Love Boat, soon we'll be making another run, the Love Boat fun and exciting for everyone................. :tiphat: