Dyno Don Scale Build

Discussion in 'Maverick/Comet Memorabilia' started by Mustang1989, May 13, 2020.

1. Mustang1989

Mustang1989 Member

Vehicle:
    1994 Chevrolet 383 Silverado
    Working on the rest of the interior now. I didn't like the OOB door panels ………………..at ALL. First off , the OOB armrest and inside door latch handle were barely visible. No "Maverick" trim bezel was present at the top of the trim panel either. Being a car than only sees the track....it's not SUPPOSED to have a window crank handle either....BUT...it was molded in and I decided to install a PE handle and knob from the spares bin. The armrest was made out of spare resin parts block retainers that I had, the door latch handles were made out of square bits of PE that I bent and glued into place and the trim bezel was from extra window crank knobs that I had in stock.

Interior in the foreground is OOB with the one I'm using in the back ground.....

[​IMG]

Managed to get the seat drilled and slotted to make way for the seat belt harness. The harness build up wasn't too bad outside of me not paying attention to what I was doing at times and having to go back and make some corrections along the way. This is not the period correct harness I was hoping to build but the correct one is actually harder than the Liberty shifter that I just built for this car. I'm not about to go through anything like that again on this build. lol

[​IMG]

and here's after the installation of the shifter. I cut the rods to length as well and will be installing those tomorrow morning. Really adds a lot to the interior....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hotrock and stumanchu like this.
  2. Mavman72

Mavman72 Gone backwards but lookin' forward

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick 2 door.Original V-8 3 spd std shift.Also a 72 one owner Sprint sporting a 351 Windsor
    Love It!! That shifter just POPS in there Joe...Now that's an office!

Mustang1989 likes this.
  3. Mustang1989

Mustang1989 Member

Vehicle:
    Thanks Pete!! Yeah I've been looking forward to seeing what everything will look like in there for a while now.

I ended up taking a little while off from this build at one point just to get a model across the finish line. I ended up tackling this kit from Revell. Built up pretty easily and I actually got something FINISHED. And now......back to the Maverick.........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Mustang1989

Mustang1989 Member

Vehicle:
    Ok folks.....got the shift linkage/ rods in place. Now for that tachometer......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]