Exhaust Manifold Hardware Correct Location

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Burros90, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Burros90

Burros90 Member

Vehicle:
    Maverick 1974
    Hello everyone,
    I'm repairing a blown head gasket, of my 6 in line 250 engine, for Maverick 1974. Installed pretty much everything, I'm stuck with the correct location for the hardware of the exhaust manifold, there are couple of bolts that have an extra stem sticking out over the head of the bolt, that stem is used to install another bracket or support, could anyone shed some light here? I thought I have taken too many pics during the disassembly, but it seems there were not enough to capture this detail, I've attached couple of pics of how its now, one from the far out, the second one shows the bots I'm talking about, that is the location I think they should be installed, but since I'm not sure I'd rather consult with the experts, Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. krelboyne

krelboyne Remember

Guessing an exhaust manifold heat shield? That is what the studded bolts are for on a V8.

3. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door. Daily driver: 2002 Ford Focus SE Station Wagon
    Those are for the heat shield. Since they are the long ones, I think you have them in the correct location. If you still have the heat shield, line it up with that.

4. Burros90

Burros90 Member

Vehicle:
    Maverick 1974
    Thank you guys, I appreciate your answers