Fiberglass front valance? Pros/cons?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by 72MAVGRABHER, Apr 13, 2018.

1. 72MAVGRABHER

72MAVGRABHER Maverick Mechanic

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber Restomod (Read signature)
    Anyone bought up22 front lower valance/gravel pan? I’m now wondering if it would be better to get a fiberglass one due to time and money

2. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    I have not heard or read anything good about fiberglass parts....unless one spends big money. I would think you would be better off with metal. I have used ones and I could bring you one to the Roundup Nationals if you can wait that long.

72MAVGRABHER likes this.
  3. 72MAVGRABHER

Vehicle:
    That’s the plan Craig if you’re still up for it, I hit a deer few years back and it damaged my front fender and lower gravel pan/valance. I’ve been driving it without the valance for awhile now with plate up in windshield. I was wondering about fiberglass in case my fender bolt hole was off a little bit I could easily drill the glass and bring it flush a bit easier than the stock one but it’s lightweight enough it probably won’t have any issues. When you get a chance let me know condition of your valance and how much you want for it. Thanks

4. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    You an send me an email and I will send you a list of what all I have.

I will also be in Carlisle, PA at the Ford Nationals the first weekend in June for the Maverick Regional Mini-Meet as well. I could bring one there if you are going.

5. 72MAVGRABHER

Vehicle:
    Email sent. Unfortunately Carlisle is about 6.5hrs from me and due to my disability I’ll never get up there but always wanted to go. Lynchburg in July is only an hr from my house though so i’m planning on coming a few of the days if i’m feeling good enough

Craig Selvey likes this.