Front Spoiler

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by hotrodbob, Aug 7, 2003.

1. hotrodbob

hotrodbob Member

Vehicle:
    Sold my 1971 Grabber
    Thanks Badmav70!

Bought it from a friend a few weeks ago. Always wanted one. My camera didn't do the paint justice. It's Grabber Blue and still original paint, interior and drive train. 250/c4, a/c, ps. Still has the original spare tire as well. just added the spoiler.

It's cool to drive around. Still not sure if I will leave it a 6. Found a '88 T-bird that was center punched. Still drives great with a 302, EFI and AOD. The price may be right so I was thinking of getting it for the engine and trans. However, I have a spare 250 and was thinking that I can get 200 HP from and heck, that should be enough, well ok good for the street anyway. Right now I'm just driving and enjoying it. Had a good crowd around it at the cruz night last week.

2. maverick1970

maverick1970 MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    69 1/2, 70 Maverick and 71 Grabber
    I bought one from MAS about 6 years ago. Out of the box it looked like it would not fit. We trimmed the mounting lip back a bit before painting it then we started in the middle and worked our way out and it wound up working out pretty good.

3. hotrodbob

hotrodbob Member

Vehicle:
    Sold my 1971 Grabber
    I just had to drill a hole in the center to clear the core support/ hood latch upright bolt that stuck out. I used that as the center point and it went together just fine.:clap:

Fiber glass takes a set as it cures. This part had to have been on the shelf for a long time so a little gentle bending worked out fine.

4. Teammuir1

Teammuir1 Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick Grabber
    GREAT LOOKING

Hey Bob.... thats a great lookin CAR.... and the spoiler is very
    attactive on it.. as well... Were did ya buy it... and for how much.,.. I WANT ONE>>> lol. great job on the install as well

Ron.

5. hotrodbob

hotrodbob Member

Vehicle:
    Sold my 1971 Grabber
    Problem now is I have to raise the car up cause I can't get the floor jack under the car. Found out the hard way when I got a flat. It also scrapes when I go up or down some drive ways so I'm gonna raise it a bit. I bought it from MAS. look at the earlier posts to this thread and the phone # is there.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003
  6. cruise65oh

cruise65oh Member

Vehicle:
    74 maverick 302 (too cool)
    Cool!! Maverick guys and Falcon guys!! I just sold my 65 2 door post Falcon. I am really gonna miss that car-- I poured a lot of blood, sweat and beers into that thing. I did a small block swap, put Mustang floors, transmission tunnel,, and seats in it, and an AFX hood on it--sure am gonna miss that car.:( But I still have the Maverick, and I'm rounding up the pieces for the phantom Shelby look as we speak. Cool!:bananaman :bananaman :bananaman :clap:

7. coolcometguy718

coolcometguy718 Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Mercury Comet
  8. Mercurycruizers

Mercurycruizers David (Coop) Cooper

Vehicle:
    1973 LDO Comet GT Daily driver: 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL
    If you email Charles Stalnaker at "Maverickconnection@email.com" he can help you out. I just order a front spoiler for my 73 Comet from him. It's for a 71-72 but can be modified a bit to fit the 73. He also has them for the 74-77 Comet & Mavericks (believe it, or not). The price was $118.40 shipping it UPS. Can have it shipped USPS cheaper. I've included the picture he sent me of it. Hope this helps you. I'll put up a picture of mine as soon as I get it installed (after I recieve it).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  9. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    I am presently running two of these spoilers from MAS and neither of them fit real well on the ends. I am talking to a local here that builds fiberglas parts such as hoods and fenders and does a really nice job. I asked him about a spoiler. He said if he had one to make a mold from he could make as many as I needed. He said he could modify the mold to fit the car better. I plan on taking one of my spoilers to him and see what he can do. If it works out nice I'll let you guys know. I may get a batch of them made up and put them on the market kinda like Dan and his s/f connectors. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Ray

10. Earl Branham

Earl Branham Certified Old Fart

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '69.5 Maverick 302, T-5, Grabber Green
    Ray; looking forward to it. Hope he can keep them affordable. Thanks,

Earl

11. Mavaholic

Mavaholic Growing older but not up!

Vehicle:
    Original 72 Sprint Owner, 71 Comet GT, 57 Ranchwagon, 57 4 dr Wagon
    You ought to see if he can do the spoilers and end caps. You could probably sell the heck, (edited for our younger viewers), out of them.

12. hotrodbob

hotrodbob Member

Vehicle:
    Sold my 1971 Grabber
    Why not about a 1" taller rear spoiler as well?

13. Country Mav

Country Mav Die-Hard Ford Guy!

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    72 2-door Maverick 308/C-4
    I wonder why no-one makes the after-market rear spoiler? (Or do they) I wish somone would make them. I KNOW I would buy one, and could probably sell at least 2 more locally. I wish......I wish......I wish........:rolleyes: Preston

P.S.-I plan to install a front spoiler on my maverick summer. Thanks guys, Country

14. auburn

auburn Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick
    Country Mav- I just ordered a rear fiberglass spoiler from UP22.com...
    $95.00 for the spoiler and end caps... hang on for their s/h charges...

$45.00 just for a fiberglass spoiler!

15. Maine Mav

Maine Mav Mavericker

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2 Dr 302V8 & '72 Maverick 2 Dr 200 I-6
    Auto Krafters carries a 3-piece Grabber style rear spoiler. I ordered one a while back, and wasn't thrilled with the quality, so I sent it back. However, I may have misunderstood how the thing went on the car. I'd like to see it again, as I can't remember exactly how it was configured. It may be perfectly fine. I've ordered plenty of other stuff from Auto Krafters before and have always been satisfied with the quality.

That reminds me, I need a few more things. Let's see, where's my catalog?....