Furious Fuchsia

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Racer_X, Oct 1, 2010.

1. justin has a 74

justin has a 74 Maverick bandit official

Vehicle:
    74 maverick /71 grabber /72 maverick
    I dont think its a bright color thing, but it just may be that it just doesnt look good.... on a mav that is because this challanger is just great....
    [​IMG]
    You can call this car gay all day long but im going to call you gay for not loving it. ITS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  2. facelessnumber

facelessnumber Drew Pittman

Vehicle:
    '71 Grabber
    You'd think I would remember by now, that there will always be people who will take my words 100% literal when they can't see my face or hear my voice, no matter how obvious I think I've made it that I'm joking.

For those folks...

I was in fact joking.

I think the color looks good.

I do not think the color looks gay. (Can a color even be gay?)

I wouldn't paint a car of mine that color no matter how good I think it looks, because I'd get tired of all the jokes from bastards like me who think they're being funny. Paint jobs are expensive and that kind of comment would get old very quickly.

However I'd admire the hell out of it on someone else's car.

Even flamed. That would look great actually.

Now back to what i was saying...

Pink cars are for girls and sissy men. You might as well put a rainbow sticker on it, and flames.

3. captainmack

captainmack Quad Door

Vehicle:
    1972 4 Door Comet, 200, C4 1970 Dodge Coronet 1975 Econoline 250
    gay gay GAY!!!!
    just kidding... lol I love all the posts so funny. Love that color. No homo.
    Yes colors can be gay.. on the wrong car. Some cars make you gay no matter what color they are. A Comet Maverick can never be a gay car.
    Those Challys are bad-ass.. I have a '70 Coronet (yellow).
    Fuschia?? Bitchin color...It's like a very vibrant purple. That Mav on the 2nd post 1st page is beautiful. Fuschia... I had a hotwheels set when I was a kid and had a metallic purple corvette.. I always loved that color.
    A far cry from pink. Did you alol know most men are color blind to some extent?
    The color has to fit the vibe of the car... My Comet is that metallic copertone color.. so 70's. It is called Medium Poly Brown. I love it.
    The only thing troubling me is you don't know how to spell manly. (you spelled it manely) :)
    That's a totally retro flashback color... cool in my book. I'd make sure the car has some horsepower with a color like that though...
    I don't think even a pink comet/mav could ever be gay.

Top 10 Gay Cars;
    • Prius
    • PT Cruiser
    • Miata
    • VW Bug (the new one)
    • Subarus
    • Smart car
    • Honda Pilot
    • RAV 4
    • Tesla
    • Lotus Exige/Elise
    • Any Hybrid or Electric car

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  4. FishnRace

FishnRace Jamie

Vehicle:
    '72 2dr 351
    HEY ... watchit mister! I drive a PT Loser ... er ah ... PT Snoozer ... I MEAN PT CRUISER. :cry:

... TESLA ROADSTERS ARE BAD ASS!
    http://www.teslamotors.com/roadster

Power curve on an electic motor:

-----------------------------------------

Full power available at ALL RPMs!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  5. maverickdragger

maverickdragger GearHead

Vehicle:
    1973 Maverick
    The smart car coupe is pretty bad ass in my opinion.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. facelessnumber

facelessnumber Drew Pittman

Vehicle:
    '71 Grabber
    Now here we go! Controversy! :clap:

Prius: Agree. Fully.

PT Cruiser: Eh... Depends. I have seen 'em gayed up pretty good but mostly they just blend these days.

Miata: A new one? Yeah. But I've seen some older ones with mean engine swaps and suspension upgrades. The Miata is pure sports car, they just made it too damn cute.

New Bug. Mostly. But I've seen a blue turbo one on three wheels at an autocross, and I've ridden in it while running from the cops. (We didn't know they were cops) Not gay.

Subarus? Nah. I've seen plenty of douchebag WRX/STI owners, but the damn things are fast. EVO is way douchier, and neither are gay.

Smart: Now that's out of line! Calling this car gay is just mean and insulting! (To gay people.)

Pilot: Just another plain beigemobile like every other Honda when it hasn't been riced.

RAV4: Not very manly, but hardly gay. You're thinkin' of the Tracker.

Tesla: No, just, no. Douchey yes, very, and not my type of car at all, but it's a very fast car and it's based on a fine piece of engineering. The...

...Lotus Elise: Are you high?

Any hybrid/electric car: Yes, except the Tesla or one of the many blazingly fast home-built electric drag cars out there. But yes, mostly.

7. nickp

nickp Member

Vehicle:
    Maverick
    I don't have any qualms about guys in pink, I just don't care too much for the color and that is why I don't wear it. If I was part of a benefit though, I probably would. Back to the point though, there is only one car that I would drive in pink and that is a 1970 Dodge Challenger in Panther Pink with the flat black hood, it is sexy enough that I don't care if people decide to poke fun at me driving a pink car.

8. ford84stepside

ford84stepside Lone Wolf

Vehicle:
    1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe
    Just a personal note on the PT Cruiser: We had one for a while. Found out that they had shortened the actual name by leaving out all the letters between "P" and "T". The cars real name is "Piece of $hiT Cruiser. I liked the styling at first, it looked a lot like a 38 Ford sedan. Have seen several flamed and two toned that actually looked sharp. Only thing was Chrysler dropped the ball when it came to the running gear--FWD 4 cylinder. Should have been a V8 rear wheel drive car, but then it would have to have been a bit larger. So in essence it turned out to be a throw away car. Buy one, use it up, throw it away because it's not worth anything on the resale market. IF it last's until it's paid for, mine didn't.

To get back on topic on this pink vs purple thing, I say it depends on the car and the paint if it looks good or not. I saw a 05-08 Black Mustang the other day with pink GT stripes. Funky to me. Chick car, a girl was driving it. I guess it was what she wanted. Only pink cars that I ever thought looked good was the pale "Mary Kay" pink Caddy's and early Mustangs [or were the Mustangs Playboy pink, I can't remember?]. I'd ride in one of them, but not drive it, especially by my self!

The Plum Crazy color is cool on the old Challengers. Chrysler and Ford both had some cool colors back then you either loved or hated. One of the regulars at one of the cruises I go to has a Plum Crazy Challenger, it is sharp. I even liked "Sub Lime" and I don't like anything green except money and grass!
    I know this has been rather wordy, but my advice is pick what ever color YOU want your car, and go with it. Nobody but you has to like it. I chose yellow for mine, I like it, and that's what is important!

9. Purple70

Purple70 Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    sorry im a little late on this, imagine pulling up with a Ultra Voilet purple Maverick at your first round up... "is this car going to be accepted as a manly car or are you going to catch a load of $h!t because of picking this color"... all i can say is good thing it was quick enough to get respected lol worked out pretty well for me...

as far as would i drive a Maverick painted that color, hell yeah I would catch all kinds of attention.... just my opinion....

10. smegnl

smegnl Roger Saffle Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Grabber Clone
    Purple70: Is your maverick/comet purple?
    Like I said, I am having mine painted this winter. I like purple, but I am not sure if a purple mav would be the look I am going for. Hell that's part of my problem, not sure what I want. I am trying to decide between purple and keeping it red. Thew this together to help me make a decision. Hope the owner of the purple comet doesn't mind.

Attached Files:

• P-R.jpg
      P-R.jpg
      File size:
      120.1 KB
      Views:
  11. FishnRace

FishnRace Jamie

Vehicle:
    '72 2dr 351
    I saw a pale pink T-bird convertible cruisin down the road with the top down a few months back and it looked awesome! I would have been proud to own that car. Of course pale pink and furious fuscia are very different pinks and a T-bird and a maverick are very different cars. A maverick can not be painted pale or hot pink(IMO). Furious fuscia ... maybe.

12. Purple70

Purple70 Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick
    its a lot neater color after dark when the light hits it the pearl pops out,,,,

Attached Files:

13. Racer_X

Racer_X Maverick Hugger

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick (1970 clone)
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  14. Dfitzman

Dfitzman Member

Vehicle:
    1971 Green Machine
    see now that is ok it's got red highlights and I think it might be flip flop metallic it really pops in a good way. not to mention it's my favorite year camaro I had 2 one brown and one grey primer both were beaters. My brown 70 had dual quads tunnel rammed 350/350 with a detroit locker and 4 speed. The car that earned me the most career tickets.

15. Racer_X

Racer_X Maverick Hugger

Vehicle:
    1974 Maverick (1970 clone)
    i wish they had put the name of the paint color in the article.