Got my deluxe Marti Report!! Yay!!

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by littlemissstang, Aug 22, 2013.

1. blugene

blugene Senior member Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Comet GT, 72 Comet GT, 2008 "Comet" (our boxer)
    I understand what your saying.. ANY Comet that has a rear spoiler on it has had it added. It was added after the manufacture process.. I used to add ground effects to Nissan Pulsars and 240's and even the Hardbodies. The dealers would add the stuff and put the cars back on the new car lot. People would think that's how Nissan made them lol..
    Some additions that were added to the Bear Cat were already available through Ford like the rear spoiler so I am pretty sure that part would not be "after market" but not origional to the base model or the model in this case.

2. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Yes, I agree. I'm sure that rear spoiler is a Maverick one. But I'm pretty sure Ford never made a front one.

3. littlemissstang

littlemissstang Mythical as a unicorn...

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    73 Mercury Comet GT "Bear Cat"
    Oh, no! I wasn't meaning anything bad, Razor! I appreciate any info I can get! I was just pointing out that mine came with these and wasn't sure if that one had also. Just saying that it might have. lol I understand how you would take it as such, though. But, that wasn't my intention. I was in a hurry when I posted and didn't read through the way I was talking. I'm sorry.

And yes, I hope a lot more will see this and I can get as much info as I can! If any of you who were around when these cars were in there hay day and remember any details, I'd love to hear your opinions!

4. littlemissstang

Garage:
    Vehicle:

That's something that I'm having to get used to...dealer options and factory options. It's hard sometimes to decipher which is which. lol I sure am glad that you guys are here to help me get it all straight! Thanks a bunch!

So, now I know that the front spoiler, rear spoiler, and the Sidewinder sidepipes were part of the Bear Cat package. Does anyone know what else was part of it so I can look on my car? Or so I will know in the future?

5. blugene

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    The wheels and maybe different tire size and or brand, rating, etc..

6. blugene

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    When was the rear spoiler added? I don't see it in the 73 pic..

7. Crazy Larry

Crazy Larry Member

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2-door, 302, manual trans
    Wow, I never knew that. Why would Ford make 2 different types of the same bezel?

8. Crazy Larry

Crazy Larry Member

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2-door, 302, manual trans
    Not to hijack this thread, but years ago I got a "History 999" Report for my Maverick. Does the Marti Report go more in depth than that?

9. Ronald Hopkins

Ronald Hopkins Member Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    1972 Comet GT
    I didn't mean to say that your car is not a Bear Cat. I was around when the Bear Cats came out and I saw two at our local Mercury dealer in 1972. I had purchased a new 71 GT and I thought about trading for one of them. I just couldn't see trading and paying the difference since my car only had 7500 miles. It was a dealer installed package and it didn't come from Ford. My friend worked in the parts department and told me he could order the same parts and I could install them myself. I don't think all the Bear Cats even came with the same options. Most photos that I have saw has the Bear Cat on the lower front fender and the ones that I saw new had it above the Stripe on the rear quarter panel. Yours could well be a 73 Bear Cat since it was only a dealer installed option also as someone stated I don't see a rear spoiler on the deck lid. was it added later. I still hope to see it in Pigeon Forge.

10. rayzorsharp

rayzorsharp I "AM" a Maverick!

Vehicle:
    Three 71 Maverick Grabbers, a 72 302 Sprint, a 73 LDO 2door parts car, a 76 silver v8 Stallion.
    Way more, especially if you get the Elite report. However they are a bit costly.

11. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    LittleMissStang: I will answer your PM here so that is may help others.

A deluxe Marti Report will NOT tell you it is a Bear Cat. The ONLY way to have "proof" is if it is listed on the original sales invoice from the delaer that sold her the car.

12. littlemissstang

Garage:
    Vehicle:

Ronald and Blugene, the spoiler was added after Mom bought it! I didn't know that till I called my Dad and asked him. He changed a some things on the car after Mom bought it. He said he put a the spoiler on the trunk deck and changed the original wheels (because he wanted to put a bigger tire on the back). He said he also changed the rear end to a 9 inch and put disk brakes on it from a 76 maverick along with trying to add a/c to it from the same car. I am assuming that is where the spoiler on the deck lid was from also. I double checked with Mom and she said that "No, your Dad added the spoiler". lol! She said he wanted to mess with the car since the day she bought it! LOL! Men are never happy! Good catch! I didn't even catch that! See...I love getting you guys to look at my car! You see stuff that someone like me (not knowing) wouldn't catch! Thanks!

And I will still be there at Pigeon Forge, Ronald! I wasn't meaning anything bad to anyone about my car. I just wanted to find out what everyone knows about these cars. I have never seen another one like it and knew that someone was around when these came out and probably saw them. I didn't know what to expect to find out when I started probing! lol No foul here! Thanks for all your input! And Mom said that the dealer told her that they didn't put the Bear Cat writing on this car. I'm not sure why. :huh:

What dealer did you see the one you saw at? Do you remember? And what price did you pay for yours? Maybe that could help me with seeing how much difference the package was.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  13. littlemissstang

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I have the original sales invoice, but they didn't write any of that on there. Here it is...

IMAG0499.jpg

Sorry it's sideways. lol

14. littlemissstang

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    I'm truly sorry if anyone is offended by anything I have posted. That was not my intention. I am just trying to get as much info that is out there as I can about these cars. I think they are fascinating! I love the history that I have found and am still learning! Please, don't take any of my questions or answers to heart. I do not mean to sound short or smart. Thank you all for any and all info! :Handshake

15. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    I have read this entire post, but maybe I missed it: How do you know this car is a Bear Cat? I don't see antyhing that says it is a Bear Cat, plus knowing your Dad changed a few things as well. Just curious.