Grabber Spoilers in CARBON FIBER DONE!!!!

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by Maverick Man, Jan 26, 2006.

1. riporter

riporter Member

Vehicle:
    70 Maverick 2 dr. modified street cruiser, 72 Comet tube chassis drag car
    Derrick you can put me down for a Fiberglass set.... get a paypal account setup, make it easy on everyone.

2. Maverick Man

Maverick Man The Original Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    already have a pay pal set up ;)

woundn't have anyone pay for it any other way ;)

i should know if this thing fits by wednesday when bob comes over.

3. 71gold

71gold Frank Cooper Supporting Member

Garage:
    Vehicle:
    '73 Grabber
    is it ..."wednesday" yet? :huh: :D ...frank...:bouncy:

4. 1972Grabber

1972Grabber Always Broke

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber
    It's hard to believe that you wouldn't want an old fashioned money order! Money is money, right?:evilsmile

5. Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    nah i take that too... but people that pay pal will get it faster ;) remember guys i still need to make more of these since i only have 4 of each right now. so i almost sure when i get these fitted they are all gone.

i will make more

6. CornedBeef4.6L

CornedBeef4.6L no longer here

Vehicle:
    no longer here
    I sent you a PM but your box is full

7. hotrodbob

hotrodbob Member

Vehicle:
    Sold my 1971 Grabber
    Derrick,
    I have to get the truck to Pomona by noon on Wednesday. I'm gonna try and get a ride back to my office from there. Then I can come over. I'll drive the Maverick to work and get to your place after that. PM me with your phone number and dirctions from Cerritos.

See ya then.

8. SuperByelich

SuperByelich Jesus Is Lord.

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick Grabber
    But isn't Carbon fiber lighter and more durable than fiberglass?

9. Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    yes it is

10. Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    OK Test Fit Is Done!

Ok thanks to Bob aka hotrodbob who came by today so we can all see if this stupid spoiler fits! well..... good news and bad news. the carbon fiber one fits! the fiberglass fits only on the spoiler and one end.. i'm gonna have to work on this one somemore. sorry guys your gonna have to wait again!

heres bob about to punch his trunk if he drops the spoiler mount one more time in the trunk lid :biglaugh:

[​IMG]

Below are pictures of the test fit of the spoiler on Bobs car. As you can see it fit very well… well at least to what I would hope it would.… please note that even the stock grabber spoiler didn’t fit quite right. But I will tell you this is way better then anything out there that I have seen. I hope Bob will be able to contest to that ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what you think???? sorry i have to post other photos on another post.. won't let me put anymore on (

Last edited: Feb 8, 2006
  11. Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Anyhow there are a few things me and Bob found out. And please read on below for details on how to get this to work on your car if you want it… because not all mavericks are the same… Just remember my major focus on these part were to make them fit as nice as the OE ones and bolt right on. Well they fit just like the OE ones but you will still need to do mods on your own to get it to mount…. See below….

1. For the end caps you will have to cut either the side or the bottom of the mount to make room for the bottom part under the spoiler. Otherwise it will be in the way and it will stick out. Or you can just take off the piece under the end cap and just forget about it. But that’s up to you. Remember 70’s to 72’s are different from 73’s.

here is either place (were i'm pointing) it will need to be cut.

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

heres another photo of where i cut it to work on Bobs car

[​IMG]

2. You will need to make your own mounts for the spoiler to mount to the trunk unless you have them already. Sorry I don’t have the time to make them for you unless you want to pay me more then maybe I’ll think about it. Below are photos of a rigged up mount I made of some alum bar I had laying around in the garage that took like 5 mins to do. You can get this at any Home Depot or Lowes for under 5 bucks… cut and bend… that’s it… mount it!

this is the stock wing grabber mount on the aftermarket spoiler

[​IMG]

below is the homemade one.. as you can see i didn't drill a hole in it.. but you get the point.

[​IMG]

a few more close up shots of the fit!

spoiler to trunk fit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

here it is on the whole car

[​IMG]

personally this will look killer on a dark car or black car! however if you do put it on a car like Bobs i would suggest you paint under the trunk spoiler or put the stainless trim peices on the back side black so it does not stand out like it does in this photo. i think you guys know what i'm saying.

anyhow i will start taking orders for the spoilers in carbon only right now. again i only have 4 and i think 2 are already sold.. so i have only 2 more for now. i know more of you want the fiberglass ones.. (must be you old guys.. just kiddin!!) but until i can get this thing to fit right i'm not selling it unless you want the ones i have at a discount. cuz its only one side that does not line up.. but if your a good fiberglass or body guy you can make work... the tunk and pass-side fit just like the carbon one... but here is a photo of how off the fiberglass one on the driver side is.

[​IMG]

if you think you can make it work e-mail me.. DO NOT PM me.. my box is full with way to many request... sorry

if you are interested in the carbon one e-mail me at maverickman@maverickman.com

12. hotrodbob

hotrodbob Member

Vehicle:
    Sold my 1971 Grabber
    Derrick, It was great being able to help and the $100 an hour you paid me will help me get NOS for my Mav.LOL :)

Should we tell them we were a little uncomfortable in the 80+degree weather. I darn near broke a sweat! Had to wear that darn hat to keep the BRIGHT WARM sun outta my eyes.

13. Stefan

Stefan Big Cheese Administrator

Very Very nice!

14. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.
    The only thing I can add Derrick is that even factory spoiler pieces don't always fit so well either. Quality was not job 1 back in 1972. :D

15. Erick-Mav

Erick-Mav Maverick Punk

Vehicle:
    71 Grabber-Factory V8 w/3spd, 72 Maverick-351 Procharged for Strip, 71 Comet GT-331/4spd
    The fit and shape looks excellent. Great job.(y)