Grabber Stripes

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by darren, Sep 7, 2010.

1. darren

darren Member

Vehicle:
    72 302 Maverick
    I work in Brantford. Just got a nice pic of myself and Waynes dad Walter at the Hamilton Ti Cats CFL football game Labor Day. Walter is incredibly popular around here. Took him about 20 minutes to make it about 100 feet to the field for opening ceremonies. He does a ton of charity work and will literally talk your ear off. Very nice person. Talks to anyone and everyone and wears a smile the whole time. Never seems to be in a rush to get away from you. I've seen him make reporters wait cause he in teh middle of talking to a complete stranger. A real class act. Still lives in the same little house he always did in Brantford. See him at the mall all the time. You would never know he had a famous/rich son. My Mom worked with Dianne Gretzky in the mall. Kieths (Waynes brother) wife. Very nice lady. Think she was from North Carolina. She got a beautiful signed/framed pic for my nephew of Wayne.
    I use to work on Waynes sisters car at work. Walter would bring us in signed pics/cards and even the odd stick for someones kid. All you had to do was ask and he would remember somehow and get it to you. Truly a great man.

Ok back to the stripe. Heres some better pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mavtricks71

mavtricks71 Member

The stripe isnt off or sideways, the stripe gets thinner/fatter around fender well, my last Red 71 Survivor was layed down in EXACT same spot as my yellow car, it is correct. If you take a look at most all Survivor 71-72 Grabber you will notice they are all in that position. Look real close and notice again the positioning is exact.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  3. Craig Selvey

Craig Selvey Indiana State Rep - MCCI

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber - Color: Orange Also, 1976 Ford Maverick 4-door, 1977 Mercury Comet 2-door.

I have noticed, as otheres have on here, that even the factory stripes were not that good. The "width" of the stripes going over the wheel wells varied and in some cases...looks almost jagged. I have found the Graphics Express stripes just mimic what the factory stripes did.

4. mavtricks71

mavtricks71 Member

Ive never owned a 71-72 Grabber that has the fender well cutouts Like the stripe kit ive Gotten from Graphics express and ive owned 6 Grabbers plain and simple. Of the 5 survivors ive posted in this thread are all just about the same, Nothing close to The Graphics Express Stripe kit. The Picture is hard to see on My Blue car but the entire stripe fills up entire lower fender well area not exposing any paint.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  5. rickm

rickm Member

Does anyone know where I could get a roll of tape like Darren used on his car ? His was don't by a stripe man at his job so thats out. I called Phoenix graphics and all they have is Grabber kits which is more then I want. It's about 2 1/2 inches high. Thanks Rick

6. spxer

spxer Member

stripes

i had a 71 grabber with the factory reflective stripes for me personally they were the coolest ever any light on that car at night and you could spot it a block away

7. darren

darren Member

Vehicle:
    72 302 Maverick

I think its 2inch stripe If memory serves. He ran 1/4" above and below. He has a little jig to pull the 2 inch roll through to rip it down to whatever size he sets.