Halogen headlamps

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Sam M., Jul 27, 2004.

1. Maverick Man

Maverick Man The Original Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    i like the hellas but if you are looking for that "look" tom is correct about the refractors in the lenses. you can still the blue / white white look with those hellas. again be careful i have seen ones that are high temp plastic made in china stuff.. its really junk.

as for H4 vs regular Hallogens... the H4 are way brighter and for someone like me that has 20/800 coke bottom vision it makes all the differance in the world.. try it you might like it (y)

if you really want new car look you can still find real HID conversion for H4s.. but i think you would really need to look since they are DOT banded them to be illegal in non factory equiped cars. also i'm sur eyou would really need to change the wireing.

let us know what you deside on and how you like them

2. Maverick Man

Maverick Man The Original Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    btw this is what hellas look like ... ie: refractors in the lenses

also they sit flat and don't buldge out like standard lights

Attached Files:

3. MavMark

MavMark Mega Modifier

Vehicle:
    1972 Grabber, 351w,EFI,A/C, RRS Rack, Power Everything :)
    I wonder if the T-bird dash I put in mine, the EFI, the keyless entry, etc were unnecessary..(*ducks and runs*) :D :p ;)

4. courier11sec

courier11sec Member

Vehicle:
    '72 2d to hold my trailer down with.
    hehehe.
    I'm pretty sure My car as well as many others on here has an unnecessary amount of horsepower.
    Sorry T.L., couldn't resist.

5. Maverick73

Maverick73 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2 Dr, '73 Maverick LDO 4 Dr, '73 Maverick 4 Dr Parts Car
    I bought a set of Halogen bulbs about 20 years ago and they still work like new.

6. Camtemple

Camtemple Member

Vehicle:
    Maverick
    I have some H4 lights from Zoops in my car, they have 3 bars in them looks kinda like a mercedies Benz symbol with a blue dot in the center

7. tim keck

tim keck truckdrivintrailertrash

Vehicle:
    '72 Comet, '75 Maverick, '85 F150 4x4 ,'93 F150,'75 F100,'77 Jeep Wagoneer,'91 Dodge D250 Cummins,'90 F150 xtra cab 4x4, '93 F150 4x4
    I saw a set of lights the other day at an advance auto parts.They were a sealed beam looking light,but its actually just a housing with a late model style engraving(sorta like mid 90s cobra lenses)on the lenses.They take the h4 bulbs and it looks like they bolt right in the stock bucket,retained by the original rings.I think they were about 8 or 10 dollars each,then whatever the h4s cost.By the way Sam,thanks for the kind words regarding the console,Im glad youre satisfied with it.:cool: