Has anyone left their interior out?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by stmanser, May 13, 2005.

1. scooper77515

scooper77515 No current projects.

Vehicle:
    Fresh out of Mavericks
    I got ya. I keep seeing pretty pictures of white flames coming out of NOS induced engines. I think they are pretty pictures, as long it is of someone else's car. I don't realy want flames on my car, unless they are painted on the fenders...

2. stmanser

stmanser Looking for a Maverick

purple gas is 11 octane i believe....and i am running 9.5:1 pistons.... all i know is the higher octane race gas HELPS TREMENDOUSLY....especially at the track....i dont run it around town since it is almost 2 times the price for 91 octane..

but it does help.....yeah my engine is a little nicer than stock.....but the higher compression pistons like the gas so i indulge in it once in awhile...

3. dmhines

dmhines Dixie Maverick Boy

Vehicle:
    1971 Grabber / 2012 Mustang / 2009 Jeep Wrangler / 2013 Ducati / 2009 Buell XB12Scg
    Higher octane works at the track because it will let you add more timing advance without detonation ....

4. stmanser

i am afraid to mess with my timing....the last time i did was the old distributor....and i messed it al up....now i have the msd dist....and when i got the timing point put on at the local speed shop they told me my balancer was spun a little bit...and that i need a new one....i dont have the 150 bucks to get a new one....

so i dont want to risk messing up...then it wont run right..and it runs awesome right now

5. tim keck

tim keck truckdrivintrailertrash

Vehicle:
    '72 Comet, '75 Maverick, '85 F150 4x4 ,'93 F150,'75 F100,'77 Jeep Wagoneer,'91 Dodge D250 Cummins,'90 F150 xtra cab 4x4, '93 F150 4x4
    If you put a 150 shot to it,you may be very close to 11's.
    my '75 ran the following;
    all motor,shift at 5500-14.33
    150 shot NOS,shift at 5000-12.41
    I could've shifted higher on the bottle,but had never used it before & chose to be safe.BTW,car had a roller 302,b303 cam,3500 stall,3.55's & ET streets.My car was a crash bumper 4dr(3350 w/driver)so you should weigh less.Some fine tuning,traction and some NOS just might get you in the 11's.

6. stmanser

cool....yeah i weighed in at 2930 with driver.....i shift right at 5k as well...my cam is supposed to be 6000 but when i shift at 5000 it sounds like a bat out of hell...

i dont want to hurt it....just have fun with it....

100 shot will be max for me
    unless i build a better motor....which i am actually thinking about....a litle here and a little there....

7. PINKY

PINKY .....John Ford.....

Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick
    you can always put another pointer on it....find zero. then use a clothes hanger or something on the opposite side of the balancer. Mark that side of the balancer with some white out or something. line the clothes hanger up with that mark, zero marked on a balancer is zero (as long as you know where zero is) I did this on my car. I could not get a timing light on the stock location due to the water pump, so I did the above.
    you can really change performance with timing, PLUS, if you put the Nitrous to it, you really need to take some timing out....to be safe, even with a small shot. Seems if memory serves me correctly, its like 2 degrees of timing for every 100 shot of Nitrous (but do not quote me on that)

8. 74merc

74merc computer nerd

Vehicle:
    1974 Comet
    I'd be more worried about getting more fuel in there to go with the nitrous. dropping the timing will make the ignition travel farther into the block and create more heat overall, might not hurt for short runs, but it seems more damaging long term. more stress on the block.

9. PINKY

PINKY .....John Ford.....

Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick
    oooops, I assumed that was a given....sorry.