Heeelp! Need Parts!!

Discussion in 'General Maverick/Comet' started by RTFLDGR, May 24, 2018.

1. RTFLDGR

RTFLDGR RTFLDGR

Vehicle:
    1970 Maverick - Modified Small Block, 4-Bbl, C4 auto.
    I am in need of a passenger side window mounting bracket. For probable lack of the part's proper name, the item I require is the steel channel the window sits in, and what the rollers of the scissor actuator arms of the window regulator go into. anyone got one hanging around the garage?

Also, does anyone know if rear coil over shocks are still available for stock style mounting ?

I'm in North Jersey, if anyone knows someone with the window mounting channel, that is local.
    Thanks.

PLEASE, Everyone have a safe, enjoyable, and Happy Memorial Day!! Kindly find time to thank those fellow U.S. Countrymen that fought for Our freedom and way of Life, and those that made the ultimate sacrifice, so their fellow Brothers and Sisters of Man could live without fear, tyranny, or terror.
    GOD Bless, Enjoy your Summer! Don't turn 'em and burn 'em too bad!! Go collect a few bow tie trophies for bragging rights! LOL!!

2. CaptainComet

CaptainComet Large Member

Vehicle:
    72 Comet
    I wouldn't use shocks with helper springs on them. The upper mounts aren't robust enough for that and you may end up ripping them. Same for air shocks. You are better off with new rear leafs, or adding a leaf to the stock ones. There is a tutorial here for using some short leaves from an Econoline van, added to the original main leaf.

3. COMETIZED

COMETIZED Member

Vehicle:
    70 Mav. 74 Comet
    SUMMIT Racing sells a ' helper spring kit ' . Don't remember the part number but they're probably still available .
    I Put them on a couple of cars and they solved the sag . Just my opinion.
    Cometized
    (Chip)