Help deciding on paint

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by Dianne, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Dianne

Dianne Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick, 1973 Grabber, 1973 Pinto Wagon, 1978 Mustang King Cobra II, 2004 Mustang Convertible
    I have the color scheme worked out. I am going to be doing a bone white with blue interior. The panels will be either blue or bone and the inside will be bone. Of course the outside jams will be blue also. Taking the doors off and stripping and removing rust and will be painting the jams and everything maybe next weekend. I think the colors will work. Thanks for the pic, but that back panel has to be black with the stripes ;-) I can't find the C stripes I saw on Mavericks back in the 70s, so may have to have them cut...

2. junrai

junrai Member

Vehicle:
    1972 mercury comet 1972 comet gt
    you could do the whole interior either in bone or blue and have the oposite color cording or even do a back and fourth color swap through out the seats maybe hte back seat with a blue outer and a bone center same with the front the "horseshoe" and head rest if you have one in blue and the inner in bone or the other way around
    I love a good tie in on the colors just dont over do what ever color is going to be your accent or it will go against your paint.

3. Dianne

Dianne Member

Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick, 1973 Grabber, 1973 Pinto Wagon, 1978 Mustang King Cobra II, 2004 Mustang Convertible
    You know the bench seats in this car. So the edges on the seats will be in Grabber blue material and the inserts will be pleated bone. The doors, dash and dash cap will be in bone also with a bone headliner, or as close as I can get. The door jams, of course will be grabber blue and the inside of the doors will be bone.

The door panels, I haven't decided yet, will be grabber blue or bone. I'm leaning towards bone, but want it painted up in there before I decide..

4. junrai

junrai Member

Vehicle:
    very nice I say do the door itself in blue then do bone door panels with a blue arm rest :bowdown:
    the headliner sounds really nice as far as the dash goes paint it bone and put a blue dash cap steering wheel and maybe if you have the package tray you can paint it blue as well I think that would give you a VERY nice set up
    cant wait to see it finished its going to be super nice Im sure

5. junrai

junrai Member

Vehicle:
    if youre having your headliner custom made you could have blue stitching :cool:

6. Dianne

Dianne Member

Vehicle:
    hmmmmmm - that may look good. I don't know if they have cobalt blue stitching?

7. Dianne

Dianne Member

Vehicle:
    I don't know, I'd have to get the inside painted, but cobalt blue may be perfect for the cap if you can get that in a paint for it. I'll have to think it through now, LOL you messed me up! ahahahahaha

I'll have to make my mind up as I go now - sheesh thanks a lot ahahaha :huh: