Here's Pics of my new fiberglass hood

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by jerrybromley, Aug 29, 2008.

1. don graham

don graham MCG State Rep

Vehicle:
    70 mav, 71 grabber, 73 Comet, 2004 f-250 crew cab diesel, 2001 f-250, 2004 explorer, 2007 Gold Wing trike.
    Maverickmans hoods are carbon fiber and are very nice. I've seen them on a car.:)

2. wardf

wardf Ward Frahler

Vehicle:
    70 maverick
    Derricks(maverick mans) quality is second to none. Mark Griffith has one on his car and it looks awesome. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope it all works out for you.

3. PINKY

PINKY .....John Ford.....

Vehicle:
    1970 Ford Maverick
    I have an unlimited product hood and front bumper....and they are junk!

4. 72MAVGRABHER

72MAVGRABHER Maverick Mechanic

Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick Grabber Restomod (Read signature)
    Where the heck is Derrick, this is up his alley...

and yes, I may have to get his carbon cowl hood when i go to a nos plate system under the carb...

5. newtoford

newtoford Member

Vehicle:
    '76 Maverick, '76 Comet, 78 Monte Carlo, '85 Cutlass Supreme, '86 Regal Limited, '87 Grand Prix
    doesnt maverickman also offer his hoods in f/g?

6. comrick317

comrick317 Banned

Vehicle:
    1976 Mercury Comet
    Wow guys thanks for the warning about this crappy company, i think i'll STAY AWAY from this mess and stick with my original steel Grabber hood that needs some repair work. Thanks.:rednose:o_O:thumbs2:

7. Maverick Man

Maverick Man The Original Maverick Man

Vehicle:
    Two 1973 LDO Mavericks (one 4 Drag one 4 driving like Mad on the roads :) ) also have a 75 6cyl Stock! Ok, well sort of Stock :P
    well hate to say it... i told you so. but really i'm sorry that this has happened to you. but you are not the first! i have had more then a few people call me about what has happened and wish they just bought mine in the first place. your best bet is to just make sure everyone know that their product is crap and what it cost you in the long run to make it fit on your hood.

and btw thanks for all of the good words guys

i think what everyone has to realize is that most of these companies don't give a damn about mavericks. they just want $$$$ if it fits or not. me personally love mavericks not to menation i made this stuff for me first! so being picky as i am it needs to be done right. now again nothing fits as good as OE parts but i got it as close as it is going to be which i'm sure most of you who are use to crappy fiberglass parts won't even flinch when they see my product. ;)

for example i have been having some issues with the spoilers i am making and have not been able to get this thing right when it comes out. but i am still working on this to get it right and when i do they will be ready again for people if they want them... i have been doing many projects but have not forgotten about these as well.

no sorry i don't just way to many issue with fiberglass. can i do it... yes. but will it be like my CF one? NO. close... but not like CF.... given my CF one is not 100% perfect like an OE but damn close! plus it surely will fit 1000xs better then anything out there. but really for the price of me to make a fiberglass one i might as well take the time to do it in CF.

also guys remember you can paint CF as long as your painter knows what he is doing. look at chirts car killer work!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  8. chirt

chirt Carlos Hirt

Vehicle:
    1971 Maverick
    still using MY HOOD as an AD? I'll have to start charging you on this:cool:
    just kidding! post it on your website if you choose so! glad you liked that paint on YOUR creation,