Hit and run on my 76 maverick

Discussion in 'Cosmetic' started by marcua56, Feb 20, 2007.

1. marcua56

marcua56 Member

Vehicle:
    maverick
    yeah and about other cameras it happened at the taco bell on ames in omaha and if you dont know omaha thats a area not know for its kindness.

2. Jamie Miles

Jamie Miles the road warrior

Vehicle:
    13 Mavericks
    I would be beyond pissed if that happend to my car and they took off. A couple of weeks ago on the way home from work, I was on a 4 lane street. A Dodge Durango was next to me, flipped their turn signal on and just sarted comeing over on me. It was like slow motion at the time, I couldn't move over to the right because there was a curb and 3 or 4 telephone poles in a row on the side of the road. Just as the idiot lightly made contact with my car (was in the '72), we passed the telephone poles and I drove up onto the curb/sidewalk. I layed on the horn, and they jerked back into their lane, almost hitting another car. They took off fast, so I jumped behind them, down shifted and put it to the floor, flashing my lights and blowing the horn. The Durango pulled off into a parking lot a few seconds later. Some woman was driving it, and was crying. Said she was comeing home from church, talking to her friend about the Bible (on the cell phone). She thought I was going to shoot her or something. I just wanted to make sure my car was alright, it wasn't. Tore a gash in the sidewall of the right front tire when I drove up on the curb. Told her if she gives me 50 bucks to replace the tire, I wouldn't call the cops. She did, and I was on my way.

Sucks what happend to your car though. I'd give you a decent used fender if you were closer.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  3. Maverick73

Maverick73 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    '73 Maverick 2 Dr, '73 Maverick LDO 4 Dr, '73 Maverick 4 Dr Parts Car
    That would be me as well 100%. Realy sorry to hear that. My dad has had the same thing happen to one of our cars not a Maverick but still. Parked in a parking lot come out and the door is caved in no note no nothing.

4. marcua56

marcua56 Member

Vehicle:
    maverick
    Yeah im jsut mad because of the difficulty to find that darn fender